Edits to existing notes not saving.. DATA LOSS!

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

I appreciate this article, but it does not address my issue.  There is no reference note to recover from.  There is no way to cut, copy or paste.  It doesn't answer to the sync issues other than suggesting a re-install of the software which is totally ridiculous.  Numerous support tickets yield NO response from the company.  So, I post here in frustration which also yields no resolution.  Dead end.

• Level 5

The article describes the current status. I had a frozen checkmark 2 or 3 times, and could save my content by copying and pasting it. I uses Apple Notes as a parking facility, since it supports a similar data format.

It clearly is a workaround, not a solution.

In general the iOS app works good for me. When I have issues, I often send a ticket to support. It is pretty simple in the mobile app, bypassing the web portal. Hopefully they can get ideas from the log files.

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, ScottM1234 said:

I appreciate this article, but it does not address my issue.  There is no reference note to recover from.  There is no way to cut, copy or paste.  It doesn't answer to the sync issues other than suggesting a re-install of the software which is totally ridiculous.  Numerous support tickets yield NO response from the company.  So, I post here in frustration which also yields no resolution.  Dead end.

I'm with Scott, this is really annoying. At first, I thought I had made an error of some sort, but it's now apparent that Evernote is randomly losing some content. I work in IT and I still don't get where the content went. I've seen this on different types of notes but most recently.... I edited a word document in a note, saved it, and exited, and upon re-entering a couple of hours of work was gone. I've checked the %temp% folder, it's not there. I've checked the Documents\Evernote\146767167\external-edits\ folder, (all versions), it's not there. Checked the Evernote trash, it's not there. Low and behold, it's in AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles ! What's it doing in there? Did Evernote not prompt me to save it? I would never exit a document and click 'dont save'. Please fix this. 

If someone else has the same issue, in windows 10, type in the search bar %temp% and press enter, it should open up your temp folder, from there navigate to AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles, and you should see it in there. Or at least that's where mine was. 

P.S. I recently updated to the new version of evernote that was 'built from the ground up' - I never had this problem with the old version. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There seems to be a lot of threads / discussions talking about this.

I have an iPhone 13 mini and since some version Evernote started losing content after saving.

It’s surprising that no one at Evernote has addressed any of these threads.

This is a note saving app that is not saving notes - i would consider this the worst issue the app could have and that there would be some attention from the company to resolve this.

Some of these threads are over a year old which means nothing has been done to fix the issue in over a year.

it’s 2023 and your note saving app is not doing the one thing it needs to be doing properly - saving notes - this is a massive fail.

• Like 1

Just had this happen again on a Windows setup. Been editing a note for a while, navigated to another note, returned - all edits gone.

What's worse Evernote seems to have erased not just the changes from this particular session, but from all todays sessions. I've edited this note 7 times today, and none of these changes are present in the previous versions in version history. 

image.png.bea74b19e679ecdcac0bad27e461ab10.png

The version history is there, but none of my changes are inside any of them. The last version I can restore is from yesterday. Apparently I've just lost a whole day's worth of work?

I can't even imagine how something like this can happen. Evernote losing the latest version isn't new, but that's a whole different level of WTF.

UPD: Restarted to see if it helps - nope. A whole day's of work still gone. But apparently there's been an update. To all the Evernote people reading this: these release notes are really a slap in the face to everyone losing their data randomly. "Strengthening the foundations of Evernote", right.   

image.png.2a2e39df994849e06a63c41fe0f40777.png

On 5/27/2023 at 6:43 PM, Gregg-CBS said:

There seems to be a lot of threads / discussions talking about this.

I have an iPhone 13 mini and since some version Evernote started losing content after saving.

It’s surprising that no one at Evernote has addressed any of these threads.

This is a note saving app that is not saving notes - i would consider this the worst issue the app could have and that there would be some attention from the company to resolve this.

Some of these threads are over a year old which means nothing has been done to fix the issue in over a year.

it’s 2023 and your note saving app is not doing the one thing it needs to be doing properly - saving notes - this is a massive fail.

Nothing but facts!