Expand Note not working

When I click the Expand Note button to hide the sidebars on the web client, it reverts back within 10 or 15 seconds. Just a few days ago I was able to expand a note and write in it for an extended period of time, now it won't allow me to do that. I'm using the Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

Anyone know of a fix or if I'm doing something wrong? 

Edit: It appears to only occur in a particularly long note I'm editing. I tried to replicate the issue in a shorter note and couldn't.

Edited by pjaml
  • Like 3

It's odd, I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on and how to replicate it exactly. It started working as it should again, I was able to work on the note expanded for more than an hour without issue. Then I switched notes and did something and when I went back to the original note, it started closing out of the expanded view again after a few seconds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5

Nothing worse than a hard-to-predict problem. If it gets predictable and/or annoying enough, you may want to contact support, since you have a Premium subscription. If you have an alternate browser, you might want to try that and see if it's limited to Chrome.

This is happening for me on all notes, long or short. It reverts back after a few seconds. It happens in both firefox and chrome. Sometimes it happens without me changing the note, sometimes I have to start editing the note to have it revert back.

And I also have another issue where the toolbar disappears and is replaced with "Last edited on" text. See my recent post in this forum about that.

• Like 2

It's happening to me, too. It usually stays expanded until I begin typing, at which point it de-expands after a delay of a few seconds. Also using Chrome.

Edit: it seems like something is being selected in the side menu; the editing tools will randomly disappear and change to "Last edited on October 7, 2020."

• Like 1
  • Level 5
10 hours ago, Magnus Westin said:

This is happening for me on all notes, long or short. It reverts back after a few seconds. It happens in both firefox and chrome. Sometimes it happens without me changing the note, sometimes I have to start editing the note to have it revert back.

And I also have another issue where the toolbar disappears and is replaced with "Last edited on" text. See my recent post in this forum about that.

I just experienced this behavior this morning. I doubt there was anything about the note that triggered it. It seemed that when it closed the "expand note" view, it shifted focus to the note list, which meant that the editing toolbar also disappeared. I found it extremely hard to get editing focus back into the note. Very aggravating; and then for no more reason that when it started happening, it stopped. Mighty weird. For reference, @Magnus Westin's post is here.

• 3 months later...