No Drag and Drop from Files app or other apps, only one file can import

tomtommac

Idea

I think that's all a great and bad jokes....

I tried today on my ipad to attach some pdf's from files app or another app - that's not possible yet. What the hell is going on???  

Then i use the import dialog to attaching some files from files app, because this don't work via drag and drop... and what the next ***** show? Yes, you can select only one file or via keyboard a lot of files, but then? There is no button to import more then one file in evernote... i'm a business user since 2012 ... i think it's to long... i was patience for a long year with all the terrible bugs in the software... imho evernote is not more trustworthy now and i'm out, unfortunately i paid again for 2 month...

That is not a money thing, it's a lecture about promises and fails. And now the fails are to big... 

There is no hope for evernote more...

• Like 2

13 replies to this idea

I don’t understand why this topic has been moved to „IOS Requests“! The fact, that it is not possible to drag and drop files from an other app like Files to EN is an issue! Drag and drop in the described manner is a matter of course! The shifting of the topic makes me suspect that EN is not interested in tackling this problem at all.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, HSM said:

I don’t understand why this topic has been moved to „IOS Requests“!  ... The shifting of the topic makes me suspect that EN is not interested in tackling this problem at all.

I wouldn't say "not interested"   
I see it as a priority thing; Drag and Drop is not a hot item right now

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That is a great pity!
And again: Drag & drop is not just a request, but the lack of drag & drop is a clear issue. Until EN 10.0 it was possible. The users have set up their workflow accordingly. And now this very important feature is suddenly gone - as many many other features. Don’t understand.

And: Which are the „hot items right now“?

• Like 2

I wonder if it is possible to claim damages against EN. I have already spent an incredible amount of time writing mails to EN and posting in the forum. Apart from that, my daily workflow is totally out of order. This is not only related to the topic "drag&drop" but also to many other topics. I am really frustrated and helpless.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, HSM said:

Don’t understand.

I've come to the conclusion v10 is a new product being rolled out    
There are similarities with the old product, but don't count on it

13 minutes ago, HSM said:

I wonder if it is possible to claim damages against EN. I have already spent an incredible amount of time writing mails to EN and posting in the forum. Apart from that, my daily workflow is totally out of order. This is not only related to the topic "drag&drop" but also to many other topics. I am really frustrated and helpless.

Totally agree

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
39 minutes ago, HSM said:

I wonder if it is possible to claim damages against EN.

Evernote Terms of Service are located here   
(note the Right To Modify Service)
I'm sure we can claim damages if there are violations in the ToS    

the reply from the support means: i should reinstall the app....

i'm not sure, but i think the spit on me as a customer - take the money and do nothing is that what i feel the last 3 years.... that's all only frustrating and i hope anybody from us suet the company for fraud or something... here in europe can i do nothing.

Another great reply from the support - surprise .. they changed the stuff. I think that happen, because i'm a little bit rude, but it's end of the street. I have no patience anymore and all what they do is talking and stalling... i'm so tired... i'm a user since 2012 and i have 15k notes and i think 10-15 gb space.

That's a heavy stuff to migrate and some tries are failed, because the file limit or whatever... the next step is nextcloud or something like that... you never chain on a company... that's what i learned.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 9:25 PM, DTLow said:

Evernote Terms of Service are located here   
(note the Right To Modify Service)
I'm sure we can claim damages if there are violations in the ToS    

The terms say enhance and modify, not just pull the plug and replace with something else (and inferior). I can totally understand that EN has the right to move the product in a new direction, but it seems reasonable that customers are allowed some transition time, certainly those that have paid in advance. That’s why my humble request is that EN releases the old IOS version with a new name, such that we can use it for a couple of months, just like on MacOS, Android and Windows. I really don’t understand the stubbornness with EN here.