Evernote for iOS versions 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 - Release notes

• Level 5

For the pdf issue, as a workaround (!), you can open the note and select the text (easier with a physical keyboard attached, using cmd+a).

Then tap on the selection, from the popup menu select share.

I use the app PDF Converter from readdle. When I share to it, the text is posted and converted into a pdf. Another option is from readdle as well, an app called Documents. There the text will be posted as a text file. Both are free, just for download from the AppStore.

Creating a pdf by sharing the note directly does not work, the text has to be selected first.

If there is a pdf inside of a note, tap on the „Exit“ button, then on the pdf attachment itself. After a short moment 3 new symbols will appear above the soft keyboard. The down arrow allows to save a copy of the pdf to the files app, in the (new) Evernote folder. The pdf (or any other attachment) can be further shared from there. The left symbol (a in a circle) is to annotate the pdf inside of EN. The right one (3 dots) offers more option.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AgnesP said:

Hello all, we know there have been requests to see what specific fixes went into our most recent releases. We'll start including these fixes as part of our main App Store release notes soon, but in the meantime, posting them here:

It would be also helpful to see an 'outstanding" list of things that need fixed or replaced (and bonus - a timeline of expected fix)  - ie apple watch support, sharesheet bugs, offline notebook download performance fixes, etc.     It could quite likely cut down on the number of messages with people posting the same things repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

For the pdf issue, as a workaround (!), you can open the note and select the text (easier with a physical keyboard attached, using cmd+a).

Then tap on the selection, from the popup menu select share.

I use the app PDF Converter from readdle. When I share to it, the text is posted and converted into a pdf. Another option is from readdle as well, an app called Documents. There the text will be posted as a text file. Both are free, just for download from the AppStore.

Creating a pdf by sharing the note directly does not work, the text has to be selected first.

If there is a pdf inside of a note, tap on the „Exit“ button, then on the pdf attachment itself. After a short moment 3 new symbols will appear above the soft keyboard. The down arrow allows to save a copy of the pdf to the files app, in the (new) Evernote folder. The pdf (or any other attachment) can be further shared from there. The left symbol (a in a circle) is to annotate the pdf inside of EN. The right one (3 dots) offers more option.

Thank you for this information.  I will see if it works for me.  Thank you.

Hi, Pink Elephant.  Thanks for your help.  Even though I could not implement your method to PRINT and/or make Adobe PDFs, I discovered an alternative method using a new APP .  My guess is that the more I explore, the more techniques I will discover for PRINT & ADOBE.  Now if only I can get Find IN Note to work.  
See below for my PRINT / ADOBE explanation:

UPDATED 10-06-20

iPhone 7 Plus, update 14 - Evernote version 10.0.3 (on IOS)

I found that using EDGE (microsoft) will allow me to make Adobe PDF from my Ever Note notes.  

Before 10.03 update, I made Adobe PDFs in one simple step.  

After update to 10.03, I couldn’t PRINT or make Adobe PDFs from my EN notes.

EDGE is new to me & I haven’t used it until now.

I’m not sure how to use EDGE as of yet but it works for printing & making PDFs in EN 10.3.  

There are multiple steps required in EDGE to PRINT and/or make Adobe PDF so it’s not as simplistic as my old method before updating to EN 10.3.

I’m looking forward to exploring the EDGE app more fully.

Anyway, I can now PRINT & make PDFs in my EverNote notes.

ISSUE REMAINING:  “Find IN Note” still not working.  
Thanks

Please forgive my lack of knowing what the icons are called. I don’t think EDGE is a browser.  It’s an APP & I believe it’s microsoft word docs?  I had to download it for enrollment in LifeLock last week & I got pretty lost.  There is complimentary Microsoft AUTHENTICATOR again required or recommended by LifeLock & I really got lost with that when linking it to LifeLock - I gave up.  But now, some pieces of understanding are coming together in my mind since I used it for PRINT ADOBE work around for Evernote.

if you goggle EDGE - there is probably a better explanation there?

EDGE APP is free.  & maybe similar to readdle that you mentioned.  I hurriedly wrote the steps down to PRINT make / adobe PDF & there are 13 steps more or less.  So not as simplistic as PRINT in old EN version.  But, I’m just learning - so there is most probably easier way to access EDGE....

1) In NOTE, touch the “icon - body” top right of note

2) next screen:  touch share icon, top right

3) select : Send export & more

4) Brings up APPS available for SEND ( in mine, excludes PRINT & excludes ADOBE) & I can’t get those necessary APPS or whatever to ADD to the Selection list.  Old way, all i had to do was double press PRINT & I selected ADOBE from there or PRINTED.  PRINT is now gone in version 10.0.3

5) Select the app EDGE from the list

6) So here’s where I don’t know what’s happening, but the NOTE is fully printed in EDGE & editing can be performed there & the NOTE is saved as an EDGE doc.  
7) somehow, PRINT - my notes say lower screen , rt side

8MY notes say:  Brings up PRINT

9) tap & hold print screen

10) brings up ? “Share” ? button

11) Adds ADOBE to the list

12) Press ? “share” button & then select Adobe

13) Import to Adobe.  I have a monthly paid Adobe subscription for my work & my PDF is put in file on my iPhone & then I load to cloud & file there.  Can’t use up storage on phone so move to cloud

I did  this only once this AM & haven’t played with it since.  I’m sure there’s an easier way.  I’m looking forward to self educating myself as to what EDGE is & exactly what it does.

Sorry so much detail.  Thanks for your help.

• Level 5

MS Edge is the new browser from Microsoft, based on the Chromium engine, which is the free „twin“ of what drives the Chrome browser from Google.

So probably it is possible to use this workaround with other browsers as well. If EN won’t open on an iPhone, you can switch the browser to „desktop mode“ by clicking on the AA field to the left of the URL. Select the option in the drop-down menu.

This is not printing directly from the app, and although it is good to have a workaround, it is IMHO no replacement for the missing <print> option.