Differences in search Android vs Windows

I find it weird that the search using an android client is rather limited compared to the windows version. Quite often I experience that a given search term does not reveal any notes in android but the same search in windows works. Is this by design, or is there a way to turn on full search on a mobile client?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mlu said:

Is this by design

Hi.  It's more of a consequence of trying to work within two different operating systems on different networks with very different capacities.  Yes there are search differences between the two OS's;  no there's no fix,  other than to work around it by using titles or tags geared towards being "mobile-friendly".

Thanks Gazumped and Dave. I find this quite strange as Evernote cripples their product this way. Tried to login then via chrome on android just to get the message: Sorry, Evernote web is not supported on android browsers.

@Dave: There is no "Search" button on my android, so it seems that search via a mobile is more or less useless. It should not be that impossible in my opinion to pass the search terms on to the servers, perform the search and return the results. At least they should provide some kind of option to make a real search not just a crippled mobile search. The product is in my opinion more or less useless if it haves such huge limitations.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, mlu said:

Evernote cripples their product this way

Hi.  Which bit of working "within two different operating systems on different networks with very different capacities" did you miss?  Evernote have done the best they could at the time with what they have.  Actually the operating systems and Evernote's tools have improved since,  and they are rewriting all their applications.  They recently released the iOS update - check in that forum for the mixed reception for that...  and we're nervously awaiting the Android version,  which might address some of your issues.  Maybe.

• Level 5
17 hours ago, mlu said:

@Dave: There is no "Search" button on my android, so it seems that search via a mobile is more or less useless. It should not be that impossible in my opinion to pass the search terms on to the servers, perform the search and return the results. At least they should provide some kind of option to make a real search not just a crippled mobile search. The product is in my opinion more or less useless if it haves such huge limitations.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the "Search" icon on the keyboard, if there is one. At any rate, pressing Enter will search the text of notes; just typing, as I said, searches only titles. I do successful searches this way in the Android app all the time. If it's still not working for you, since you've got a Premium subscription you may want to contact Evernote support.