V10 is unusable on an iPad Air 2

Hi All,

my wife‘s iPad is an iPad Air 2, it was fine using Evernote.App V8.x

This V10 is completely unusable on that device. Even after all Notebooks have been downloaded for offline use, it takes 3 seconds to display note content after tapping on a particular note. Everything is super slow. It take 3 or 4 seconds after tapping on the magnifying symbol to get the search view. But, I don‘t can use the search view because search in Notebook shared by others to yourself is not working at all - nonsens.

So, search doesn‘t work, performance is super slow - what can I do to avoid divorce? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5

Divorce your iPad Air 2 or ... 😱

Just tried my wife’s air, Air 2, 64GB, WiFi-only, 42GB used, iOS 14.0.1, EN 10.0.3, no offline content.

Yes, way slower than my iPad Pro 10.5. Starting the app takes 5sec, switching to another note appr. 3 sec. When calling a new note, it seems to think a little about it, before it starts loading. Once the note itself is open, opening attachments (a lot of pdfs, in the low MB range, from scans) is pretty fast, and starts immediately.

I tried some notes, and maybe there is a difference between own and shared-to-me content. As if it first waits for a permission to access the share, and then begins downloading. But this is just an impression. Handling shared content is anyhow one of the very dark spots of this iOS release, still not fixed with 10.0.3. It is as if EN management would not know that sharing is one of the key functions for many of us.

Easy solution (and cheaper as a divorce, be assured): Get a new iPad. Even when the Air 2 is still supported by the latest iOS release, it is probably not the machine to try and do anything productive. For surfing & Mails probably still o.k. Or wait and see if it gets fixed with the next releases.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Easy solution (and cheaper as a divorce, be assured): Get a new iPad.

Do you work for Evernote? I've got an even easier solution. Switch to better software like Keep it or Apple Notes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Whatever ... good luck with moving your stuff.

If this is your plan, why are you still trolling around here ?

Thanks. Moving 6000+ notes took a few hours (less than expected) and was a pleasant surprise actually. Keep It downloaded them all to iOS in less than 30 minutes (around 20 GB). That's what great software does after all.

As an Evernote premium user since early 2008, I think I have the same "right" to offer possible solutions to other users as you do. Only that my proposal didn't involve buying new hardware. In fact, I'll write more about the superior features of Keep It shortly and explain my migration in more detail (including possible shortcomings), to offer some more insight into my decision to leave. After all, this does relate to a lot of users' complaints with the new version. 

Of course, you are free to keep recommending people buy new hardware as well. I just mentioned a different solution.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Chris_W said:

As an Evernote premium user since early 2008, I think I have the same "right" to offer possible solutions to other users as you do. Only that my proposal didn't involve buying new hardware. In fact, I'll write more about the superior features of KeepIt shortly and explain my migration in more detail ...

Yes, you have the "right" to post Evernote alternative solutions     
However, this is not the place for such posts.   
I suggest the General Discussions forum;  there are ongoing  discussions there   
Keep it posts have been moved Here

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Divorce your iPad Air 2 or ... 😱

Just tried my wife’s air, Air 2, 64GB, WiFi-only, 42GB used, iOS 14.0.1, EN 10.0.3, no offline content.

Yes, way slower than my iPad Pro 10.5. Starting the app takes 5sec, switching to another note appr. 3 sec. When calling a new note, it seems to think a little about it, before it starts loading. Once the note itself is open, opening attachments (a lot of pdfs, in the low MB range, from scans) is pretty fast, and starts immediately.

I tried some notes, and maybe there is a difference between own and shared-to-me content. As if it first waits for a permission to access the share, and then begins downloading. But this is just an impression. Handling shared content is anyhow one of the very dark spots of this iOS release, still not fixed with 10.0.3. It is as if EN management would not know that sharing is one of the key functions for many of us.

Easy solution (and cheaper as a divorce, be assured): Get a new iPad. Even when the Air 2 is still supported by the latest iOS release, it is probably not the machine to try and do anything productive. For surfing & Mails probably still o.k. Or wait and see if it gets fixed with the next releases.

@PinkElephantthank you again for testing "my" scenario (you did previously the "search within shared notebooks" test, too) - in the meantime I decided to surprise my wife with a brand new MacBook Air ("Gold"), since she is using several tools more & more on an almost daily basis...iPad Air 2 will then be our Internet Radio device etc. 🙂

• Like 1