Missing Audio Recording from Notes

On Sept 30th, I was using Evernote to do audio recording and notes taking for a seminar. 

I had about 5 separate audio note recording and each one was about 45min~60min length. Before finishing the seminar, I double checked my Evernote notes. All the audio files are there. This morning, when I need to download them to my work computer. All of the audio files are gone, except the 1st one.

My question is:

1. Is there a way to retrieve them? Those are really important to me.

2. I do remember during the seminar I have encountered “conflict” warning about my notes. Did that have something to do with this?

Thank you for help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also encountered missing audio notes, but I just viewed it as a similar symptom to other issues that have been reported with content for a new note not being saved, or changes to an existing note being lost at a later sync time.

During the beta, I remember losing audio notes 3 times in a row (within the same 15min span). I would finish the recording, click the check mark, and then as soon as the note was closed the file was deleted. No history to fall back on. Had to kill the app and restart it to get my 4th attempt to work.

Same here. It is not a first time when I updated to 10.0.4. I did test to use 2 devices (iPhone 11pro and se2) to record the 30 min meeting, after meeting, iphone 11pro audio file is saved and I added some text and audio file cannot save into the SE2! But it is not a happy end, when I saw my 11pro, the audio file is missing!!! 
I regret that to update 10.0.4, any one have the previous version 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue... You guys shouldn't really provide an audio notes, I recorded 1 hour worth of talk and it is lost. please test your software before release, it was a really important voice and I was relying on it being recorded... remove the feature from evernote if it is not going to work but only short voices.

• 6 months later...

I lost an audio file today as well... it was over 2 hours of a walkthrough! i stopped the recording, saw that it was there and then when i got home to clean up the notes it was gone! NEED IMMEADIATE HELP!!

• 1 month later...

The same happened to me. I trusted evernote would save the audio and lost very important record.
I think evernote should save the audio and warn the user that the note reached the size limit.

Very frustrating. Subscription user here.

• Level 5

From how I read the help document, the problem is that EN saves the audio file directly into a note. So it runs and grabs and runs and grabs, and suddenly it hits the note size limit (or the monthly limit, depending of what kicks in first). It seems that mobile devices now allow for less action than desktop OSes do - because on desktops, they offer the possibility to save the audio file. I think if there would be a simple way to implement it, it would have been done on mobile as well.

We can lament about this - which has little effect while done in this forum, so send feedback or issue a support ticket.

But currently I would for sure use another app for extended audio recordings, and only save the resulting file into an EN note. It is OK to quickly save an idea into a short audio note - but with everything longer there is the risk the recording will be abandoned.

To grab audio I use JustPressRecord on Watch, iOS and Mac.