More one-click navigation

Yetisis

Idea

I have noticed in the latest release that some basic functions have added extra steps that seem unnecessary. First, opening the app and having to navigate to a preferred notebook instead of All Notes (if there is a setting to change this then I missed it and would love to be corrected) is an unwanted extra maneuver. Being able to open the app to my default notebook and organize and distribute notes from there as home base is something that I miss. It's almost like gmail defaulting to "all mail" instead of your inbox.

Similarly, moving a new note to its permanent home now requires an extra click because the option to navigate to the note's current notebook was added and you now have to select "move note" instead of having the drop box already there...which is only the case because the app sees everything from the perspective of "all notes" as opposed to your default notebook. Typically, you would already be viewing a note from within its notebook, unless you deliberately navigated to "all notes." It's already just one click to bring up your note tree and select where you'd like to navigate - you've now added a redundant route to do that (which is not fewer clicks or more efficient than the existing route), which adds an extra step to a very basic function that users do regularly.

I don't mean to sound petty, but extra steps and having to confirm your navigation choices feels tiresome when the previous version was able to navigate quicker.

In that same vein, having a large "edit" button in front of notes when you already could just click inside the note where you'd like to edit seems silly...clicking "edit" prior to placing your cursor in the desired place does exactly nothing except gets the user clicking more. One-step navigation was sublime in the previous version - I appreciate the forward-thinking potential of the new app but the redundancy is something that ought to be pared down in future updates. Single-click navigation was something that Evernote had completely nailed in the past and I trust that within a few updates it can be done again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet