Problem with internal links used by external apps

Since the last update of Evernote on iPad and iPhone I have a problem with internal links. I'm using a Premium version of Evernote.

My workflow is using OmniFocus and Evernote for my projects and tasks. I create a project in OmniFocus with tasks. In the task note field I paste an internal link from Evernote. In the note in Evernote, i have my "notes", references, reminders, questions and all. So, when I click on the link in OmniFocus I want to open the note in Evernote. Logic! I'm using this workflow for a long time, always worked. But, now when I click on the link, I get Evernote to open in the last note I was using, NOT the linked note!

I have a LOT of internal links in OmniFocus (also in Drafts and Word) from Evernote. NONE are working. My workflow is broken! Waste of a lot of time and productivity to get to the correct note in Evernote.

From what I read in the forum about the "new" Evernote a lot of features or workflow are broken. It reminds me of not too long ago when Evernote had big problems and a lot of dissatisfied customers. Many of us stayed with Evernote hoping for better days. But now where are we going? But, mister CEO, Ian Smith, said the new version would be a great improvement over what we had before. For what I see, we have a GREAT cosmetic improvement but a broken software. On top of that, he said that we would have the same experience over all platforms. GREAT, we will ALL have over ALL platforms a GREAT cosmetic and BROKEN software.

Please Evernote lets get serious! It is becoming a joke and not a funny joke!

• Level 5*
On 9/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, rpigeon said:

Since the last update of Evernote on iPad and iPhone I have a problem with internal links. I'm using a Premium version of Evernote.

In-app links are working for me - opens Evernote at the correct note    
I have a problem posted Here; internal links are pasting as browser links

edit: Confirmed there is a problem if Evernote is is open in the background

Where do you use the internal link ? I mean, what apps are you using ? As I said, I'm using Evernote and OmniFocus on my iPad and iPhone X, and it is NOT working, I just get Evernote to open at the current note I was using, not the linked note. 

If I close (swiping up) Evernote and then try a link from OmniFocus, then it will open the right note. But after that, not working. Closing Evernote every time is probably not the best work flow!

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

In-app links are working for me - opens Evernote at the correct note

I have a problem posted Here; internal links are pasting as browser links

Even when Evernote is open in the background in iOS?

(Internal links starting with https right? Not the classic internal ones with evernote:// that work for me)

9 minutes ago, rpigeon said:

Where do you use the internal link ? I mean, what apps are you using ? As I said, I'm using Evernote and OmniFocus on my iPad and iPhone X, and it is NOT working, I just get Evernote to open at the current note I was using, not the linked note. 

If I close (swiping up) Evernote and then try a link from OmniFocus, then it will open the right note. But after that, not working. Closing Evernote every time is probably not the best work flow!

This is the same behavior I and others are seeing as posted here:

For example: I have a lot of internal links copied to WeekCal. And when I click on the link in WeekCal, only the last viewed note in EN opens, if EN was open. It only works correctly if EN was previously closed. This is clearly a bug.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Copying a link used to allow me to paste an internal link to an Evernote note.  There was also the option to use a "Classic" Evernote note link which functioned even better.  With the new version:

A. The note link appears to be web-based and opens a web link rather than opening the note in the app on my Mac desktop.

B.  A note link created in the new version doesn't link to a note in Evernote 10 in iOS, it simply opens the Evernote 10 app and stops.  

Thus, this capability has apparently been rendered non-functional.  Am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded this morning to v10.3.7 build 2018, and my entire workflow is broken.  I was using a "classic" version of Evernote before this.  I have an extensive set of internal links created to manage projects with associated tasks and meetings.  I was able to go into a project note, and from there I had internal links to meetings and tasks that I could single-click and it would take me to those notes, like a web browser but in the Evernote app, and then I could hit the back button in Evernote to navigate back to my project note.  Worked great.  Now all of those internal links look to be converted to web links that take me to the web sign in page!  Further, all of my pre-existing checkboxes do not allow me to check or uncheck them!  They are frozen with whatever value they had, and I have to delete them and insert new ones to be able to check or uncheck.  This is AWFUL, and I wish I could just roll back to the previous version.  I'm so disappointed with this update.

And why on earth was support for the outlook clipper dropped?  I depend on this to create meeting notes from my calendar items, as well as to save tasks from email to get them out of my inbox.  My entire workflow has been destroyed with this update!