Collapse/Expand All PDFs In a Note

pwdennis2

Idea

I often want multiple files/PDFs included in a single note, like a portfolio of documents. When scrolling through the note, Evernote requires me to scroll through every page of the PDF before I can see the next PDF in the stack. This really sucks. I need the ability to collapse/expand all PDFs so I can see the particular documents/files included a note at a glance.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I believe it's possible to set a preference to see all PDFs as either images or attachments,  and in Windows a right click on the document or icon lets me toggle between those two states rather easily.  I'm not sure of the position on Macs,  but I'm sure a more knowledgeable colleague will be along shortly...

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I didn't know about that. On the Mac it's only available at the individual note level, through the context menu, and not at the global level. But that's good enough for me!

2020-10-01_20-39-51.jpg

• Like 2
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, pwdennis2 said:

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I didn't know about that. On the Mac it's only available at the individual note level, through the context menu, and not at the global level. But that's good enough for me!

2020-10-01_20-39-51.jpg

You could even use the Macs ability to assign your own keyboard shortcuts to any item to create a keyboard shortcut for this menu item. This would avoid pulling the menu open all the time.

An option in settings would be even better, that’s for sure.

• Like 1