How to bulk import .eml files into evernote

Hello,

I have about 1000 .eml files that were exported from another software program.  Each file has a standard structure to identify titles, tags, dates, and content.  Is there a program or script out there that would help me import these files into evernote - not as an attachment but as new notes?

Thank you!   

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, bhinkes said:

I have about 1000 .eml files that were exported from another software program.  Each file has a standard structure to identify titles, tags, dates, and content.  Is there a program or script out there that would help me import these files into evernote - not as an attachment but as new notes?

Which device/platform are you using
I could parse the .eml file on my Mac using Applescipt

btw, Mac's also have a viewer for .eml files2037872426_ScreenShot2020-09-30at4_00_12PM.png.6d451183d6c2e0600fb14a36dac88518.png

I'm no expert in evernote, but I do know you have an email address you can send email too that will import the contents into a new note.  If EML files are just email messages, you should be able to import them into say, Outlook, then select them all and forward them to the evernote address maybe?

Just throwing an idea out there.  

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, FISDTechDir said:

I'm no expert in evernote, but I do know you have an email address you can send email too that will import the contents into a new note.  If EML files are just email messages, you should be able to import them into say, Outlook, then select them all and forward them to the evernote address maybe?

Just throwing an idea out there.  

Sorry - have to throw that one back.  It only works if you're a subscriber,  which the OP is not.  Basic users don't have a useful email access to their account.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, bhinkes said:

I am using windows, unfortunately I am not familiar with Applescript, but I can look into it.

Also sorry - Applescript is a Mac-only affair (AFAIK).  Windows does have scripting though.

• Level 5*
On 9/30/2020 at 10:12 AM, bhinkes said:

Hello,

Thank you!   

Have you tried using EN's import folder capability?  You can find it under the Tools menu.  Drag a couple of the files in the import folder and they appear in the corresponding notebook.

Even then, not sure of the benefit of importing EML files into EN.  They won't get indexed as best I know though they would be in one place.  Have you thought about putting them in some cloud storage or another?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have around 1000 .eml records that were sent out from another product program. Each record has a standard design to distinguish titles, labels, dates, and content. Is there a program or content out there that would help me import these records into evernote - not as a connection but rather as new notes? 

Much thanks to you!

• Level 5*
On 8/11/2021 at 9:32 PM, Paintball Mask Pro said:

I have around 1000 .eml records that were sent out from another product program. Each record has a standard design to distinguish titles, labels, dates, and content. Is there a program or content out there that would help me import these records into evernote - not as a connection but rather as new notes? 

I can drag the .eml files to an import folder on my Mac   
Notes would be created with the .eml stored as a note attachment file

Using the Evernote Legacy product with applescript   
will allow processing of the eml contents to for "titles, labels, dates and content"