Notebooks within Stacks have disappeared from left nav

Folders within stacks have disappeared from the left hand side menu. The notes do still appear to be there in the All Notes listing. I am now also suffering from application crashes. When searching. When trying to access a note with an attachment, when the note is in one of the stacks-folders which I cannot see from the LHS menu

• Like 2

Thank you, I am awaiting your contact. I just upgraded to the latest iOS update and the issue still persists. The list of notebooks contains an empty slot where the stack should be.

What I tried just now is renaming the stack. This because I noticed it is the only name with a full stop (.) in it (it is called Something 2.0). That did resolve the issue! The stack is now visible in the iOS (and iPadOS) client. I therefore suspect that using special characters (even .) causes the stack/notebooks under it to be invisible in iOS.

Well, 'resolved' is not the word I would use. If I do not use the full stop (.) in a stack name, the stack is visible. If I do use a full stop, the stack disappears again.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:10 AM, Dmitry Mi said:

I have the same issue:

There is empty space between notebooks and I don't see some notebooks. iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13.7

IMG_76166A3654E7-1.jpeg

RE:  iPhone 7 Plus & Evernote:  I have iphone 7 plus.  On my phone, I updated to 14 the same time I updated Evernote to 10.  My Notebooks & Notes all show up perfectly.  Maybe difference is iphone update to 14?  

• Level 5

Hi All,

Does changing the sort order of your notebooks cause the missing notebooks to re-appear? Or, do they continue to appear missing?

Also, if you click on 'Notebooks' from the left hand navigation, do you see all of your notebooks? Or, are they missing there as well?

• Level 5*

Something I noticed.  If on the notebooks screen you press on a stack name or the the right of the stack name to expand the stack (as was done in the previous release) a blank screen appears.  After doing this a few times you actually get the stack as context.  You have to press the down arrow to the right the see the list of notebooks in the stack.  Not crisp as to being obvious what is select stack and what is select notebook.  But I haven't been able to select a notebook from the home menu screen either.

1713730815_Screenshot2020-10-05at3_57_23PM.thumb.png.e6b4c8fca58f15925bf7f69e57366fa7.png

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Does changing the sort order of your notebooks cause the missing notebooks to re-appear? Or, do they continue to appear missing?

Also, if you click on 'Notebooks' from the left hand navigation, do you see all of your notebooks? Or, are they missing there as well?

For the side/flyover menu, changing the sort order doesn't help.

My only work around at this time is to tap on "Notebooks" and go to the actual page of Notebooks. My stacks appear and are navigable. But it gets very tedious when I'm trying to float between stacks quickly on my phone.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I had 5 stacks which were all numbered with a full stop (period) after the number and then a title. E.g. 1. Study, 2. House etc. None of these were appearing in the menu of the iOS version of Evernote but were appearing elsewhere. Once I removed the full stops they appeared in the menu bar of Evernote iOS. 

Hope that helps.