Sync not working correctly

There seems to be a bug when Evernote is open in the background. I have noticed recently that I have had to close the app completely and reopen it to get it to download content. Tonight I realised this is the same with upload too. I was working on a document and then clicked tick, i checked note info and it was last updated 8 hours before. Checked online on the web app and the content isnt there. Naturally I don’t want to close the app fully as I will lose the content I have written so this isnt really ideal. 

• Level 5

This probably has more to do with iOS in general than with EN.

iOS especially since iOS 13 is pretty strict on the background activity of apps. It stops background activities after a few minutes, or even closes the app completely. This is said to be energy saving and to clear RAM from chunks reserved from apps no longer in use. iOS reserves RAM sections for specific apps when they open, and keeps them blocked as long as the app is opened, even while in the background.

So probably it is more a concern of iOS than of EN.

When I downloaded my offline notebooks recently with iOS 13.7 and EN 10.0.2, I set the auto-shutoff to never and connected the iPad to a charger. It took me 2 days until the download was through. But it went fine, no issue with background cut off.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

This probably has more to do with iOS in general than with EN.

iOS especially since iOS 13 is pretty strict on the background activity of apps. It stops background activities after a few minutes, or even closes the app completely. This is said to be energy saving and to clear RAM from chunks reserved from apps no longer in use. iOS reserves RAM sections for specific apps when they open, and keeps them blocked as long as the app is opened, even while in the background.

So probably it is more a concern of iOS than of EN.

When I downloaded my offline notebooks recently with iOS 13.7 and EN 10.0.2, I set the auto-shutoff to never and connected the iPad to a charger. It took me 2 days until the download was through. But it went fine, no issue with background cut off.

Nope. It has to do with the fact that the new EN isn't a native app anymore, but instead a web app that isn't (and can never be) fully integrated with the OS. I never had this problem before, until v10 arrived.

The background activity is still the same as it always was in iOS. It just looks at how active you are with the app. If you use it a lot, the background fetch will be done more frequently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Whatever, sync works fine for me.

If you want to sync out of order, pull down the notes list with a finger, and let it go. It syncs.

If you REALLY want to sync, go to settings in the app, Sync (right above work chat), choose "sync now" (currently the only option here).

If it still does not sync, something is wrong, with the app, with your network (running security software, a firewall, etc.). If you want to exclude it from trouble shooting, make sure that the app is allowed to use mobile data, and try it over the mobile air.

• 2 weeks later...

With evernote iOS Version 10.x sync only works one way. Download sync to iOS works, upload sync does not work! It is unusuable ...
This problem occurs with version 10. I've got no network issues, no firewall probs...