Clearly designed by young people

titus groan

Idea

Excuse in advance my sarcasm but Evernote, do you think you could make the symbols in a new note any smaller please? I can just about still see them. It's good that none of them have any text underneath which might explain what they do. Clearly designed by young people not older ones whose eyesight is not as sharp as an eagle's any more.

And its really great that the 'create new note' icon is pushed as far away as possible from the main window, up in the left hand side. Please don't create any 'new note' button somewhere more accessible, like on the right hand side, along the top menu bar or or anywhere like that because then how would I waste half a minute staring at the screen going how the f*&k do I create a not? Clearly designed by people who use Evernote every day and have lost insight into good design for new users.

Just trying it again after not using for years. This was my first impression. Sorry.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 06.51.41.jpg

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

But we can break the rules, be designers of our fate, leave these young strugglers in the dust etc. pp.

Welcome to the forum.

If the symbols are a little small, you can change screen resolution. Apple said the retina technology is so razzzzzzzor-sharp that stuff can show smaller, thus bringing more information to the little screens of a say a 12“ MacBook, which is really nitty-bitty. You can enlarge things using the Macs settings:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d5825d2fd40d800fb06bea7009a730b.jpeg

It is even more magical, because what shows on my Mac in German will show on your Mac in English ! The item is called Accessability, if I am not mistaken. I run it on a 32“ 4K photo editing monitor which as well is razzzzzor sharp, so no need for me to switch it on. But it works, I was told.

Now about EVERNOTE: These guys did not want to be left back, so they designed a pretty sleek function into the Mac client. You can adapt the top menu bar (well, at least a little). To do so, right click with the mouse somewhere in the top bar area (see green arrow) and choose to adapt it. You can then place a neat new button there (red arrow), that allows you to even select the notebook (from the last ones used) and create a new note there. If you wish, you can move it over to the right as well, any place. Cool !

image.thumb.png.ce9958357046cf6bcc006c81d15c44fd.png

Conclusion: Even old elephants can teach some new tricks ! Enjoy !!!

• Like 2