We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Jeffsky

The new version needs to be pulled (10.0.x)

Idea

Unfortunately this is Not ready for prime time!   Please give us back the legacy version until these many bugs are worked through!!!!!

The new search function can be a great improvement, but not until this new platform is stable!

thanks,

jeff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

9 replies to this idea

On 9/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Jeffsky said:

Please give us back the legacy version until these many bugs are worked through!!!!!

I moved the discussion to the Feedback/Request forum   
To indicate support use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Thanks 2

Agree completely.  They need to give the previous version a new version number so that the App Store will let it overwrite the broken version 10 as an "update", I think.

This one is nowhere near ready for release - not even as a public beta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WKMIV said:

I’m stunned that EN disrespected us all so very much to think this was at any level acceptable.  

I'm also disappointed with Evernote management

I'm not upvoting the request to pull the upgrade   
The decision to release was bad, but it's done.  
I believe we should give Evernote time to fix the issues

• Like 1

The "new" EN for iOS (specifically iPad OS 13.x) is beyond disappointing - it's almost unusable!  On my 9.7" iPad Pro EN has become less then acceptable.  EVERNOTE, BRING BACK A LEGACY VERSION FOR DOWNGRADE or risk losing your clientele.  I've been with EN as Premium since June 2011, and now, on a day that I don't have time to do it, I've got to figure out another option, and possibly move to another app (such as OneNote, or Keep).

I use EN on: 2015 Apple MBP; iPhone 7; 9.7" iPad Pro; Custom Dell PowerEdge t7600 Win 10 Pro; Surface Pro 3.  I have not updated my iPhone, and will not, until this issue is resolved and running smoothly.

The user/subscriber base needs Evernote to function properly, we pay for that.  

Get it out of the App Store and off our devices until it works, properly.

We’re your customers, not your beta team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for moving my post to a general discussion forum.  I’m not commenting in a general way however.

EN 10.x for iOS IS AN ISSUE.  That needs to be clear in ISSUES.  It’s a bit late to discuss options since it was determined that this garbage was somehow worth of our money.  People considering the app, or whether to upgrade deserve the fair warning we were not given.

I’m stunned that EN disrespected us all so very much to think this was at any level acceptable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HOW DO WE GET BACK TO THE RPEVIOUS IOS (Pre-10.0) VERSION???

I am not seeing any answers from Evernote team on this.  Why are they not answering???  Maybe it's worse than we know.  Unless we get an answer in the next 24 hours, I'm jumping ship after being a Premium member since June 2011.  I cannot just put things on hold.  Do they not understand this?

Hi All,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences so far.

First, I want to make sure that you know that your feedback is being heard.

While I cannot promise that we will have direct responses each time, please know that your feedback in the forums is tracked/recorded daily, and is being relayed to our teams.

To answer the question about downgrading, the App Store makes it so that we cannot offer an older version of the app, so there is not a way to downgrade to a previous version at this time.  

As always, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions, and please continue to share your feedback and report issues here in the forums as you encounter them. 

(@ScottM1234 I've reached out directly via DM regarding your issues, so please feel free to reach out to me there if you have any other questions.)

(@Kyle McMillan, I'll be responding to your DM request ASAP.)

• Like 1

The title keeps self correcting as I type, is this a known bug ? How do I get the old version back ?