My account has not synced for weeks because apparently I've reached the limit of my free account. But when I check in Windows or in the Android app it tells me I have 59.9gb free of my 60gb. It says my account will reset tomorrow but I'm pretty certain it won't.  Why won't my account sync? Are they trying to get me to upgrade?  I'm sick of this.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  Syncing issues aren't necessarily to do with free account limits,  though it's a frequent cause.  You can get the server's opinion on whether your account has any remaining capacity via your browser by signing in to your Account Summary here

Evernote may nag you lots,  but they don't withhold resources to which you are entitled.  There's some help on syncing here - How to troubleshoot syncing issues

• Level 5

Maybe you have, feel lucky. If I remember it right, they lowered this limit a while ago - or maybe it was the upload limit that was reduced.

The limit for the basic plan is 25MB for a single note. You can go to the EN web site where plans are compared, and read it for yourself.

Maybe they allow for some margin, but it is officially 25 MB, and this includes some metadata and previews that are created with any note. It is a trap for people coming from paid plans that are now on basic: If they have larger notes from back then and download & edit these notes, changes may not sync back, because the whole note is synced, and will be above the new limit.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea18867668f368ef78cf1ff33f051e1c.jpeg

Yeah those notes never change so maybe I got lucky. I upgraded to monthly plan paid monthly to see how it goes. Might cancel before renewal and see if the problem goes away. If not I'll need to pay up I guess

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

THis type of issue can also arise where you have more than two devices trying to sync.  A typical cause if where a BASIC plan user changes their cell phone. They install the Evernote app on the new phone. Now they have three devices registered with Evernote. The old phone, the new phone and, for example, a desktop computer.

However, as there is a limit of two devices plus the web browser one of the devices stops sync-ing. Just my luck that it isn't the old phone.  So it could be worth checking you don't have a no longer used device still registered to your account hanging over from your days on the Premium plan.  You'll have to check that in the web browser.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 10/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, abhinav.mehra@idcapital.co said:

Hi 

I have been trying to sync for a while. I have reinstalled Evernote twice, restarted my computer and tried to force end the task and restart. Nothing seems to work.

I have attached an activity log. Can someone please help my solve t his issue. 

evernote activity log.txt 2.63 kB · 1 download

Hi.  If you're on Windows,  have you tried holding Ctrl and tapping the red "!" icon to see if there's more information available?

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, abhinav.mehra@idcapital.co said:

It just goes to the notes that are pending to sync

Hmmn.  Sometimes that can mean there's an issue with one or more of those notes.  Maybe export them to ENEX (one export per notebook) if there are not too many,  and try to sync;  then import back in smaller groups to try to identify any issues?