Ability to hide Reminder tab

buckethead

Idea

I do not see a way to turn the reminders “tab” off.  Is there a way that I am missing? Don’t use Evernote for any reminders and no reason for it to be there. 

One of the last posts mentions that the tab is only shown when you have reminders. Turns out after some digging I found notes from many many years ago that had reminders on them. Once reminders are deleted that tab goes away. So this is actually already done .

• Like 1

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Not quite the right topic but while I'm here.

It would help if the tab was cleaned up a bit.  There is a number in a blue circle which represents reminders for today.  You can sort by remindertime which is GREAT!  However all reminders are in the tab, be they dated or not.  So any late reminders and all future reminders are in the list.  A little sculpting could make this more useful. 

Also, it would be great if the reminder sort could make it's way to general search when that sort returns for custom reminder searches.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, bishopblaize said:

Confirmed the tab is still there if you have no reminders in it.

Very weird... Are you seeing that on both the All Notes tab, as well as in individual notebooks?  I can't test the "All Notes", since I am not going to remove the tons of reminders I have set...  However, when I go into a notebook that doesn't have any notes with a reminder, the reminders tab is not there.  (When I add a reminder to a note it displays, then when removing the reminder it goes away again for sure within a Notebook).  Therefore, it is an odd behavior to display it on "All Notes".  

One thing I would be interested in you double checking is to make sure you don't have any old notes with completed reminders... even though those wouldn't show by default on the reminders tab, maybe that is making it display?

7 hours ago, bishopblaize said:

If I go to a specific notebook the reminders tab is gone, it’s only there in All Notes. If I go to any notebook there’s no tab in any of them, so I assume I have no old reminders knocking if they’re not showing in the notebooks.

Sounds like this may just be an odd design choice to not hide on All Notes like they do in Notebooks... but maybe search for "reminderDoneTime:*" to see if there are any completed reminders.  Or click on the settings "sprocket" within the All Notes/Reminders tab and select "Show Completed Reminders" to make sure nothing is in there.  Maybe there is an old note in the trash or something that is causing it to think you have some reminders set.  (Or maybe it is just a bug/bad design choice) 

• Level 5*

I moved the discussion to the requests forum, and added my vote

The previous version had a note filter line shown Here    IMG_3773.jpeg.55064e4fca69fb8d408924809d2f1790.jpeg
and the reminder filter was a small clock icon; easily ignored

So I am guessing since you moved it there is no way to hide the reminder “tab”. And here I thought EN was done trying to be things it’s not. 

Please provide a way to hide the reminders “tab”. A simple toggle in settings will do nicely. 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, buckethead said:

And here I thought EN was done trying to be things it’s not. 

I'm not sure what this means, and how it relates to a note filter for reminders

-1 for removing the Reminders tab, especially if it distracts the Evernote team from addressing other more critical Reminders updates (such as sorting by Reminder date in search results and adding a calendar to the date selector when scheduling reminders).

I have tons of reminders, but am surprised that it shows up at all if you have no reminders set on ANY of your notes.  If I am in a notebook that has no reminders set, the "Reminders" tab does not show at all for me.  However, once I set on, that tab is there.  

Maybe check your notes to make sure you remove any scheduled/completed reminders from prior testing and I would be curious whether that "tab" goes away.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, aukirk said:

-1 for removing the Reminders tab, especially if it distracts the Evernote team from addressing other more critical Reminders updates (such as sorting by Reminder date in search results and adding a calendar to the date selector when scheduling reminders).

I have tons of reminders, but am surprised that it shows up at all if you have no reminders set on ANY of your notes.  If I am in a notebook that has no reminders set, the "Reminders" tab does not show at all for me.  However, once I set on, that tab is there.  

Maybe check your notes to make sure you remove any scheduled/completed reminders from prior testing and I would be curious whether that "tab" goes away.

Confirmed the tab is still there if you have no reminders in it.

6 hours ago, aukirk said:

Very weird... Are you seeing that on both the All Notes tab, as well as in individual notebooks?  I can't test the "All Notes", since I am not going to remove the tons of reminders I have set...  However, when I go into a notebook that doesn't have any notes with a reminder, the reminders tab is not there.  (When I add a reminder to a note it displays, then when removing the reminder it goes away again for sure within a Notebook).  Therefore, it is an odd behavior to display it on "All Notes".  

One thing I would be interested in you double checking is to make sure you don't have any old notes with completed reminders... even though those wouldn't show by default on the reminders tab, maybe that is making it display?

If I go to a specific notebook the reminders tab is gone, it’s only there in All Notes. If I go to any notebook there’s no tab in any of them, so I assume I have no old reminders knocking if they’re not showing in the notebooks.
2 hours ago, aukirk said:

Sounds like this may just be an odd design choice to not hide on All Notes like they do in Notebooks... but maybe search for "reminderDoneTime:*" to see if there are any completed reminders.  Or click on the settings "sprocket" within the All Notes/Reminders tab and select "Show Completed Reminders" to make sure nothing is in there.  Maybe there is an old note in the trash or something that is causing it to think you have some reminders set.  (Or maybe it is just a bug/bad design choice) 

Ah hah, that did it. Completed reminders were causing the reminders tab to appear even though they didn’t show in the tab itself. Once I deleted them the Reminders tab disappeared from All Notes. I guess that’s a small bug. 

• Like 1