Jump to content

What is accepted content for ea forum?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I was just called out for posting in the wrong forum.  I'm using EN, just downloaded on aW10 laptop. Just looking for an answer.
Even though I  used EN since 2009 usually ran into to problems because of all the additions added & other changes.  Usually I have been able to create workarounds.

The latest Ver: 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) caused me the most disturbances. 
I just posted on the Win forum & uploaded an image.  Since there was no preview on this forum post published without the image.
A few minutes later and posted in Gen disc??  and I posted the missing image in that forum.

Then I got a email for cross posting & wondered why as I was only asking for help in posting the missing image as mentioned above.
Went thru you sit again looking for the Adm person & came across this but no link: or reach out directly to Shane D.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?  How can I get EN working on my W10 laptop? Please email me a detailed list of what in acceptable
post content for each form

Regards,

klxdrt

Link to post
  • Level 5

The forum is segmented, to make it easier to filter for content.

If you need help with EN running under windows, probably this is the best place to go:

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/225-evernote-for-windows-issues/

You find the different sub-forums if you go to the forum main page, and then scroll down.

When you started a thread, you should stay with this posting. You can edit your own posts, or you can simply create another one below the one that is already there. Don't post elements that belong together in different sub-forums - how should somebody help you if you make it hard to find stuff ?

P.S. Only users here, no EN staff - so help is based on volunteers that take their time to help you out.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
47 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

I was just called out for posting in the wrong forum.  I'm using EN, just downloaded on aW10 laptop. Just looking for an answer.

There are worse sins than posting in the wrong forum   
The user moderators will adjust as necessary     
I'm guessing you want the Bugs/Technical Issues forum  at  evernote-for-windows-issues
  
We try to group like content together based on platform   
Also separate requests from technical issues/bugs

The forum code of conduct is posted at 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 9/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, klxdrt said:

Hi,

I was just called out for posting in the wrong forum.  I'm using EN, just downloaded on aW10 laptop. Just looking for an answer.
Even though I  used EN since 2009 usually ran into to problems because of all the additions added & other changes.  Usually I have been able to create workarounds.

The latest Ver: 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) caused me the most disturbances. 
I just posted on the Win forum & uploaded an image.  Since there was no preview on this forum post published without the image.
A few minutes later and posted in Gen disc??  and I posted the missing image in that forum.

Then I got a email for cross posting & wondered why as I was only asking for help in posting the missing image as mentioned above.
Went thru you sit again looking for the Adm person & came across this but no link: or reach out directly to Shane D.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?  How can I get EN working on my W10 laptop? Please email me a detailed list of what in acceptable
post content for each form

Regards,

klxdrt

What exactly is the problem with your EN installation?

Link to post

No problem at this time w/EN.  Below is what I wanted but some how the forum split up my question???
PLEASE EMAIL ME A DETAILED LIST OF WHAT IN ACCEPTABLE POST CONTENT FOR EACH FORM.

I did get a msg back about the post error & was told not to worry too much about it?? Which is fine with me.

Regards,

klxdrt
PS: if you can help me with what I'm asking for in the image below,
I would appreciate it.

options panel.jpg

Link to post
  • Level 5

Well, this looks like the Windows client ...

  • Some items in the settings are probably self explanatory, like start Evernote at Windows login. Others depend on your computers hardware, like „Enable Hardware Accelaration“.
  • If you are not sure, you can use the help function.
  • If you are still searching for information, you can got to the support pages on the EN web site, use the search function or read through content posted there.
  • And finally you can come to the forum. We are other users here, so don’t expect us to take you through all menu positions one by one. But if you have a question, post it here. Use the EN for windows forum if it is specific to the Windows client.
  • For paying users, there is support (currently with a waiting time). They can do more, like analyzing the log files.

If all this is not enough, you should probably opt for a simpler software.

Link to post

Pink Elephant,

You mentioned simpler software.  All I want is a cloud program like EN where I can keep notes, images just like a Word.DOC.  Actually that's how I use EN.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

klxdrt

Link to post

CalS

Thanks for the clarification.  I move very fast & just missed it or didn't remember the function. 
BTW: I enjoyed  many, many 3 Stooges  shorts during Sat matinees during the 40's-50's.

Regards,

klxdrt

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

CalS

Thanks for the clarification.  I move very fast & just missed it or didn't remember the function. 
BTW: I enjoyed  many, many 3 Stooges  shorts during Sat matinees during the 40's-50's.

Regards,

klxdrt

You are welcome.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...