Synchronization of dates placed with the shortcut (Ctrl+;) and sentences with Calendar/Evernote calendar template note

Hello All

In my work I make notes in Evernote. From time to time I need to prepare a report of my work (quarterly) so to speed things up I am adding the dates using Ctrl+; next to specific actions.

Is it possible to synchronize all of these added dates, (perhaps making them Tags or something) and actions written next to them (in the same line) so they are visible as points:

1. in a calendar (Google, Outlook,...)
  2. summarized in a one larger Evernote Note using e.g. a Calendar Template

Right now, periodically, I link the "Topic" notes that contain listed dates next to action points internally with the corresponding days in another Evernote Calendar-type note. But I search for faster and less manual work.

Best,
Mariusz

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Mariusz Matusiak said:

I am adding the dates using Ctrl+; next to specific actions

Can you explain how/where you're adding the dates
I'm not a Windows user, so I'm not familiar with "Ctrl+; "

@DTLow, in windows when we use the CTRL + ;  keys we get the date and time inserted in the note where the cursor is position, i.e. 9/25/2020 7:55 AM

To try to answer @Mariusz Matusiak question, that seems unlikely as it would require integration with Google Calendar. Its my hope that someday Evernote develops a plug-in system similar to most browsers allowing developers to create tools to enhance Evernote. Seeing how the Betas are really just a wrapper for the browser version, I could this this more likely in the future. 

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mariusz Matusiak said:

Is it possible to synchronize all of these added dates, (perhaps making them Tags or something) and actions written next to them (in the same line) so they are visible as points:

No, we can't extract text from within note contents
There is a third party product Taskclone which can do this
I can also use an Applescript on my Mac77699300_ScreenShot2020-09-25at7_12_19AM.png.1efc34c501c83a744ca61375bb0ea1ad.png

Here's an example of my daily journal notes, identified by tag !Type-Journal
I prefix the note title with the date

249315590_ScreenShot2020-09-25at7_17_47AM.png.eaefb02e27352dc302ad9861698f4cf5.png

I can select these notes and create a ToC note

1233483635_ScreenShot2020-09-25at7_28_01AM.png.3d7d9114529c7ba21a24bdf07fab2381.png

I use a script on my Mac to sync to the calendar
however my preference is to only have event based items in the calendar

249315590_ScreenShot2020-09-25at7_17_47AM.png.eaefb02e27352dc302ad9861698f4cf5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

OK - and for my 2c;  I use Phrase Express  and Chrome Extension Text Blaze (both free versions for private use) to add dates in a variety of formats plus standard texts. 

If you also use one or other of those (or any similar) apps to add a standard 'keyword' like xDATE,  or add that as a tag,  you could fairly easily use a third party app like Filterize to generate an automatic table of contents note listing all those notes currently with that label. 

When you've completed an item,  remove the keyword / tag,  and it will drop off the ToC when the note syncs.

Seems to me that workflow could easily be expanded to have different key words / tags for different priorities (or tasks) to feed more than one ToC