I created an Evernote table (on laptop version) this morning to track my blood pressure. 

So, I I go to the doctor's office and want to record my BP in the table, how do I add a new row at the top? I can do this on the desktop version but haven't been able to make it work on my mobile Android app?  Or do I need to find another app to use for this?  I'm using a Samsung Note 10.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Table functions have always been extremely limited in the Android Evernote app. A drastically upgraded editor has been released for iOS, and the plan is for it to come to Android soon (see https://evernote.com/blog/unlocking-evernotes-future/). In the meantime, the most realistic way might be to add in a bunch of empty rows in the desktop program, so they're available to fill in in the Android app. Far from ideal, but it would work until the app is upgraded.

Hi and thanks for your quick reply. I hope the iOS upgrade works well and will then rolled out to Android, too.

I already did exactly what you suggested, adding rows to the top in my desktop program. 🙂

Will keep fingers crossed for an Android update.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

On iOS it is possible to add rows by putting the cursor in the last field of the existing table, and then press the <tab> key. This adds another row to the table.

OK, there is not tab key on the iOS keyboard. But one can install a 3rd party soft keyboard with a tab key, or use a physical keyboard (Bluetooth or by the connectors) that has one.

It is not a perfect solution, because one can’t add columns by this, and a row created can’t be deleted.

But it is a workaround. I have no Android device, but maybe this works on the android client as well.

• Level 5*

I have an old Note 4 (I'm a card-carrying luddite) which has a handy Samsung S-note function I use to write down random thoughts,  plus it's a possibility to add a camera note to your database if the reading is written down or on an LCD somewhere,  and of course there's a voice-note option for other occasions...  All nothing to do with tables I appreciate,  but they are ways to record data until you get back to the PC!