We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
pedrofuhrer

Last updated/edited date is changed even thought it was not edited

Hi guys.

I don't know if it's happening to others, but I'm having this issue.

I created a note on my EN Mac App with a PDF within the note early in the day. After creating more notes after that, when I switched to my iPhone app to consult the first note I open it, click on the PDF inside the note to open it and then it download the PDF and open it. 

My upset is that when I close the note (without editing it, just consulting and opening the PDF), on the notebook view, it changes the Updated date & time (which happens to be my preferred kind of view to organize myself). 

I think it must be solved to understand that only 'downloading' the attachment inside the note does not count as an edition to change the status as updated.

Am I wrong at all?

Thanks in advance.

@pedrofuhrer Thanks for reaching out and for notifying us!

We've been able to reproduce this issue, and are working to address it.

I'll follow up here once I have more information.

• Like 1

I like the look of the IOS 10 update, however there are more issues than I would expect which is a great shame. A couple of frustrating ones I have are:

1. As soon as I opened a PDF attached to a 2019 note, it seemed to record a new updated date. Yet, when I look at note history it shows no changes, which is correct. Please only record a new updated date when there has been a change, not when attachments have been accessed.

2. I took a photo of a tiny notebook page and saved it as black and white. The note size was around 750kb. When I used Scanner pro for the same document the small jpg image size was 79k. I always end up using external scanning apps as Evernote creates such large image sizes for documents.

Thanks for efforts in getting all the teething issues sorted out.

Charles

@Charles Pope I merged your thread into this thread as the issue you described is one we're aware of, and are working to address.

@pedrofuhrer I also modified the title of this thread to try and make it more clear. Let me know if you feel the change is inaccurate.

• Like 1