Can't use Checklist with Numbered list?!

jprakhine

Idea

New update no longer allows you to use the checkboxes with a numbered list... That feature allowed me to maintain lists of people and quantity while at the same time checkmark each person for whatever purpose I am using the list (i.e. event invite list, etc.).  Bring this feature back please.  Also, why add the strikethrough formatting when checked?  Let's keep it simple, stupid.  Gotta be an easy fix, right?

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, jprakhine said:

New update no longer allows you to use the checkboxes with a numbered list

Which device/platform?   
Here's a sample from my iPad   
These are checkboxes, not the checklist feature

2031574458_ScreenShot2020-09-22at4_08_42PM.png.1344593d29e0644a43ebcc3bb6fbe658.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jprakhine said:

New update no longer allows you to use the checkboxes with a numbered list... That feature allowed me to maintain lists of people and quantity while at the same time checkmark each person for whatever purpose I am using the list (i.e. event invite list, etc.).  Bring this feature back please.  Also, why add the strikethrough formatting when checked?  Let's keep it simple, stupid.  Gotta be an easy fix, right?

I'm able to use it the way you are describing just as @DTLow showed above.

As for the strikethrough feature, it's an addition, not a replacement for the check boxes with no strike through. If you click on the blue plus on the left of your note it will bring up the additional features and the checkbox should be the second from the bottom on the right-hand side.

• Level 5

Checkboxes is the classical feature, and it works as before. It is behind the blue "+" symbol.

Checklists is the new feature. It is a list of continuous checkboxes, with new features like strikeout. It is one of the options behind the bullet point list symbol.

Make a decision which type you want to use. If you use the vintage checkboxes, it works as you were used to.

• Like 2
On 9/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, PinkElephant said:

Checkboxes is the classical feature, and it works as before. It is behind the blue "+" symbol.

Checklists is the new feature. It is a list of continuous checkboxes, with new features like strikeout. It is one of the options behind the bullet point list symbol.

Make a decision which type you want to use. If you use the vintage checkboxes, it works as you were used to.

Saved my life. Thanks a lot PinkElephant.