10.0.1 is out

ObviousBob

Idea

21 replies to this idea

"Note conflicts" still occurring when trying to type information into a note...   I was about 2 minutes, likely less in a note adding some text.  Now have 4 versions of it with different levels of what I've entered and ultimately one of the notes showing "note conflict" error. 

** Evernote - this problem makes Evernote next to useless for anything other than READ ONLY on an iOS device.  You need this fixed - yesterday!

It’s great that an update is out already, this is good - what is not is not telling us what has been fixed, in moments like these communication is utterly essential, it is the only way to rebuild trust, Evernote cannot be silent on these things. @Shane D. please get across how vital it is communication improves vastly!

• Like 2
6 小時前, wbutchart說:

It’s great that an update is out already, this is good - what is not is not telling us what has been fixed, in moments like these communication is utterly essential, it is the only way to rebuild trust, Evernote cannot be silent on these things. @Shane D. please get across how vital it is communication improves vastly!

They used to tell us, even they didn't include the details in App Store, they did here.

I agree.  When one has so much invested in a program - and I'm talking about content, not money - then when that program becomes unusable, as this new iOS release is, I'm quite OK with posting and reading a few rants.  This new iOS version is a disaster.  I've been a Premium subscriber almost since Evernote started, and have tolerated many bad updates.

But this one is the worst by far.  It has rendered both my iPad and iPhone versions of Evernote totally useless, and I've actually taken them offline now for fear of corrupting my main Mac version (v7.14) which continues to work just fine.  But that is not how it is supposed to be.....

Come on Evernote - get your act together, give us back the previous version to get us all back working again, and to give you time to sort out the mess and fix all the bugs.  But properly, this time...

• Like 3

Sending to Evernote via iOS sharesheet seems broken still - some initial testing I thought had it fixed.. had 2 notes in a row go to Evernote without problem... then the "error syncing note due to an error during file upload" error started (iphone testing).

Tried a few from iPad OS - and well, I don't even see those notes getting to Evernote - let alone having any sync errors.  Sigh. 

** general notes seem to be "not too bad" at sending to Evernote now - all the ones I tested worked fine.
However.. I do a lot of screen shots and sending to Evernote via Sharesheet - MOST result in the "sharedImage.png" as a title followed by "Error syncing note due to an error during file upload" and my screen shot is lost.  UNUSABLE.

Hmmm.. not sure if new to this release, but I have table of content notes that have numerous links to other Evernote notes  just won't go anywhere now... the note just scrolls to the bottom for continued editing.    These links are inside the "HTML Content" wrappers for whatever the reason. 

• Level 5

Well, since we are not told what should be fixed, we have to find it out ourselves.

With this understanding IMHO getting posted what still is not working is a time saver for me. No need to test it myself.

Some stuff for me would be hard to test: No duplicating, no slow performance. But waiting for a fix for the stalled download of offline notebooks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
The following is a summary of the list of iOS Evernotes that still do not function properly after the 10.0.1 update or have lost their original features.

1. The icon that Sketch an image has changed from vector to bitmap. (Troubles of sincerity and detail) 
2. Search folders saved with three or more tags or commands do not work properly. 
3. After scanning the printout, I cannot modify each vertex when modify it, so I cannot scan it neatly. 
4. Although it is a premium account, I cannot annotate PDF files and use the features of OCR.

1. The icon that Sketch an image has changed from vector to bitmap. (Troubles of sincerity and detail)

IMG_8391.thumb.PNG.d9d616dc4e3bb52b3e6f84fe228f2d96.PNG

2. Search folders saved with three or more tags or commands do not work properly. 

IMG_8392.thumb.PNG.31b9904040015fe1a8c11ec34c7ef418.PNG

78956504_2020-09-238_51_13.thumb.png.ab2059ddee9c72a19a06c46499e193f7.png

It's the same search folder, but I can't see the notes on iOS Evernote, and it's working properly on Evernote for Mac.

3. After scanning the printout, I cannot modify each vertex when modify it, so I cannot scan it neatly. 

IMG_8393.thumb.PNG.4a8e9f8880e696570ec59a982697a426.PNG

IMG_8394.thumb.PNG.a5925b30e6933cb722cfc17d68e54c07.PNG

The image above is currently modified in the Evernote version (10.0.1), and the image below is modified in Scannable.

I wish I could modify the scanned image like the previous version of ios Evernote. If possible, it would be better if it was modified like the current Scannable app.

4. Although it is a premium account, I cannot annotate PDF files and use the features of OCR.
Attachment.thumb.jpg.210b5ac3bc1e7524c49fb22100c75b63.jpg

The image attached above is what I commented on PDF files in previous versions of the iOS Evernote app and Evernote for Mac. 
However, at this time, my iPhone cannot comment on the PDF or use the OCR function.

The place where I marked the red arrow and circle was originally a UI where could look at PDF pages and move. However, I don't have it now, so I can't get to the page I want. 

As you can see on the Evernote website, the typical function that can be used in premium accounts is OCR and annotated within PDF files. If these core features suddenly become unavailable, users who pay to use premium accounts will be dissatisfied

I hope update it well so that I can use the functions that were originally available.
  • Thanks 2

Thanks 윤현규 for details.

The first point shows the team does not have passion and enthusiasm to rebuild a better app.

The last point is an evidence showing Evernote is cheating customers. They don't fulfill the promise of giving what they say.

This shows that they don't have any difficulties for this app. They just want to ruin customers including enterprises.

We have raised issues and suggested better ways to handle, but is the company willing to hear us? Or treat us as idiots and even products?

53 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@Alvin C Anything constructive to say ? Or just bashing around ??

Spare us „contributions“ like this, quit your subscription and move on - is my opinion about this. You does not help us other users a bit - quite contrary to the very constructive post right before yours.

In normal circumstances I would agree. However, I think the situation is bad enough to allow for a rant or two

• Like 2
  • Level 5

If there would be as much energy invested into exploring than ranting, we all would be further.

Only today I have wrote several postings explaining where in the new app „beloved“ functions are to find, when before postings were made that they would not be available. It usually took me less time to find and test them than to write the post after it. In some cases I wrote about workarounds that may help until things get fixed. You can find these examples in the forum in my postings of just today:

1. Business card function - available, working
  2. Post-It-Scan - available, working
  3. Audio recording - available, working
  4. Open EN side by side with other apps - available, working, even with drag and drop between say Safari and EN (not in earlier versions. This alone is for me a new killer feature I have waited for)
  5. How to use the new checklist feature, compared to the old checkboxes
  6. Tables - only very basic function, needs upgrade, use keyboard with tab key
  7. Watch app - missing, use JPR as a workaround
  8. Duplicating notes - maybe an interference between several EN clients open and syncing at the same time (?)

Yes, there are things not working, but there as well few postings show really an analysis of what is happening, to enable others to follow up and maybe develop more insight. I am not happy with how this release hit our community, but I see much more good and less bad than many. 

Ranting may help with ones temper, but it does not contribute to solve problems. And the previous version (I remember well the criticism about it, and EN not moving ahead ...) is nostalgia, not moving ahead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
55 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

1. Watch app - missing, use JPR as a workaround

What is the JPR app?  I'm using Drafts for the time being.. find dictating to it slow though... I can finish a thought and it is is still transcribing "minutes"  (long long seconds) later to catch up.

57 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

If there would be as much energy invested into exploring than ranting, we all would be further.

.. and as much as I do agree with all of what you wrote and itemized working items  - this belongs as feedback into a BETA testing program - NOT  a PUBLIC release program.   What has occurred with this release is pretty disappointing as everyone can attest to -- so I certainly hope it never happens again.  There are more than enough users willing to beta test software - without shoving it out to the masses to experience such a mess.   Nothing in this release that we see as 'broken' would or should have been missed by even a small collection of beta testers.  

• Like 2
4 小時前, PinkElephant說:

@Alvin C Anything constructive to say ? Or just bashing around ??

Spare us „contributions“ like this, quit your subscription and move on - is my opinion about this. You does not help us other users a bit - quite contrary to the very constructive post right before yours.

If you read my other posts I did provide some suggestions. I have stressed that Evernote can have both versions on the App Store as what other companies like GoodNotes 5 and 4, in order to allow users to keep their workflow while allowing company more time to build a better app. I also ask the company to respond more, not just leaving the support team to answer users individually.

Most importantly workaround is not enough to cover the disaster. Only the whole team can resolve totally. Communication needs to improve. Tell them they hear the users. To tell you that I am preparing for leaving (like using Notion now), but as my subscription ends on August next year and I cannot ask for a prorated refund, I need to keep it.

I do admit I have sentiments while there are words that are not helpful, but as I have been a user since 2011 who uses it every day, I somehow want to see the company become better in spite of a plan to leave.

• Like 1