Make sure things entered into Evernote can't be accessed by others

My current Evernote account contains content from a previous employer.

I want to continue to use this Evernote account that contains the current content but I need to be sure that whatever I post within Evernote won't be accessible by anyone else including my former employer.

How can I verify that my Evernote account content won't be shared with anyone else?

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, ee1242 said:

How can I verify that my Evernote account content won't be shared with anyone else?

Change your account password   
Only use the password with Evernote; not with any other services/sites

15 hours ago, ee1242 said:

My current Evernote account contains content from a previous employer.

I want to continue to use this Evernote account that contains the current content but I need to be sure that whatever I post within Evernote won't be accessible by anyone else including my former employer.

Were you part of a business account at your former employer? If so, I'm assuming that your employer was the owner of the account (business side) and they will be able to see the content.

If the content that you are talking about was in your personal account then no, nobody can see that but you.

• Level 5

In addition: Check if there are shared notes or notebooks.

If you shared notebooks to others (for example former colleagues), and the notebooks belong to your account, you can unshare them. Do not simply delete, unshare before !

If they belong to others and were shared to you, the content does not belong to you. Ask the person who shared the note / Notebook with you to unshare it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

In addition: Check if there are shared notes or notebooks.

If you shared notebooks to others (for example former colleagues), and the notebooks belong to your account, you can unshare them. Do not simply delete, unshare before !

If they belong to others and were shared to you, the content does not belong to you. Ask the person who shared the note / Notebook with you to unshare it.

This is a great point. I always forget about that as I’m a one woman team. 

• Like 1
  • I initially gained access to this repository because someone sent me an email invitation and I then registered my Evernote account with the email address I am currently using.

I want to continue to use this email address but need to make sure that the person who originally shared the Evernote account with me can't access this account I am currently using.

How do I remove access to anyone else who might have access to my Evernote account?

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, ee1242 said:

I initially gained access to this repository because someone sent me an email invitation and I then registered my Evernote account with the email address I am currently using.

These are shared notebooks?  Owned by someone else?

You may lose access if the owner unshares the notebooks    
You need to copy the notes to your own account    

>>make sure that the person who originally shared the Evernote account with me can't access this account I am currently using.

They do not have access to your account; only control  of  the shared notebooks