We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Dave-in-Decatur

Internal links now include title

An FYI: in v. 10 of the Web client, copying an internal link (on the 3-dots menu at top right) now produces a link that has the familiar "shard" format, but also has the note title at the end. Interesting.

• Like 1

Interesting. I hope this is a precursor to more advanced linking functionality (such as linking directly to a specific header within a long note).

Along these lines, I also hope Evernote takes note of the huge hype around Roam Research (and many competitors / imitators who are springing up). Roam Research has just raised at a $200M valuation despite being very early in development. Roam has popularized very advanced ways of linking and referencing notes together and has a core group of exceedingly passionate fans, many of them former Evernote power-users.

18 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

An FYI: in v. 10 of the Web client, copying an internal link (on the 3-dots menu at top right) now produces a link that has the familiar "shard" format, but also has the note title at the end. Interesting.

The familiar "shard" format may be a problem   
We're used to the "evernote:///" format (in-app)

Of course in-app links don't work on the web, however the app converts them when accessed    
Evernote/IOS dropped the in-app format

edit: My panic attack is over
        When pasted into a note, the link is converted to the in-app format

Yes, and in the Windows desktop program note links of either format still lack the title at the end. I suspect, however, that it is "coming soon."