Evernote Still Developing/Supporting Native Mac App?

Hello- Hope you're well. I'm thinking of purchasing an Evernote subscription. Don't really need the features, but want to pay for what I use.

The question is: Is Evernote still updating/supporting the native Mac client? Looks like the last update was about 9mo ago. I'm not complaining about the app, it works fine for me. It's more a matter of worried that I'd pay for something that is not a high priority for Evernote. Any thoughts?

Many Thanks and have a nice day.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, wphall said:

The question is: Is Evernote still updating/supporting the native Mac client?

Yes   
The development team has been working on a completely redeveloped codebase thats scheduled for implementation in the next week or so

Discussed here

Nice! I thought this might be the case and meant to ask if a redevelopment was underway.

Thank you for supporting the Mac! I'm old enough to have lived through the days where no one wrote great software for the Mac. Thus, I appreciate when companies do.

Will subscribe now just to show support.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/21/2020 at 11:41 PM, DTLow said:

Yes   
The development team has been working on a completely redeveloped codebase thats scheduled for implementation in the next week or so

Discussed here

that would be really great as there have been no updates of the Mac app for very long time, with number of persistiong issues:

- quite frequent editor freezing - colour wheel - even on the most powerful Macbook pro 16"!! - it usullay gets better for a while on the app restart. The freeze usually takes only some seconds, but it's frustrating and it just shows that editor is not well optimized.

- code block - copied (plain) text pasted in the code block is doubling  empty lines! (very annoying)

- highlighting - even when highlighted text selected again and “un-highlighted”, when you switch to a different note and return back, then highlighting is almost always present again, even if previously removed!;

- code block should really be plaintext - sometimes it changes apostrophes for windows back-ticks so e.g. copied SQL query from Evernote does not work without fixing etc.).  If you can't trust the  code block this is a real problem

- resisting to implement highly useful feature requested for so many years! - a possibility to highlight in a differenat than yellow colour

- etc etc.

I'm paying subscription and want to see some effort put into making the app (mainly editor) better .. hopefully this will be resolved in the new version mentioned above as using this app is sometimes frustrating.

Also, my opinion is, that every serious app should have possibility to report a problem directly from the menu bar without a need of spending time on forums.

Thanks for the app anyway. Using it on a daily basis.