Checkbox changes to checklist after note save

Bill C

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Bill C said:

I can reproduce this reliably if the checkbox is at the beginning of a bulleted list with one item.

I can see the logic behind this   
In the underlying html code, a checklist is simply a bulleted list with checkboxes    

On 9/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, DTLow said:

I can see the logic behind this   
In the underlying html code, a checklist is simply a bulleted list with checkboxes    

Maybe but I don't think so. Since if I have two items in a bulleted list that have a checkbox at the beginning of them, they don't get automatically changed to a check list. Sounds more like a bug to me than intended behavior.  It's certainly not what I expect as a user since if I wanted. check list, I would have chose check list, not spent the time to format something as a bulleted list then added a checkbox.  Also, checklist and checkboxes must be implemented different as one causes strikeout and the other just checks the box.  One of the reasons I don't use checklist, is I don't want strikeout in many cases.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Also, checklist and checkboxes must be implemented different as one causes strikeout and the other just checks the box.

Also checklists don't display list bullets (new app versions)    
For legacy app versions, the bullets are displayed

• Level 5

The behavior is more or less consistent between the iOS and the Mac version:

On the Mac, a checklist (new) is shown as a list of checkboxes (vintage) with bullet points in front of each box, and indented. There is no strikeout on checked boxes, or when checking one on the Mac. It just sets the checkmark into the box.

When opened on the iOS client, the checklist is indented, but not with bullet points. Checked items are striked out, independently from whether they were checked on the iOS device or on the Mac.

Edit:

When I remove the bullet point option on the Mac, and sync the note, the former checklist (new) will show on the iOS device a a series of vintage checkboxes. Marked by a cross, not a checkmark, no strikeout. It seems the Checklist feature makes use of formatting options available on the Mac client as well. On the Mac it will show as Checkboxes.