[Feature Released in Version 10.2] Restore the Print Function

Ciagins

Idea

24 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi All,

This feature has now been added in our newest update, Version 10.2.

Learn more here:

I will now be closing this thread.

If you have questions, or other ideas/feature requests, please start a new thread.

• Thanks 1

Please tell me it aint’t so!!!!!

I turn my IOS notes into Adobe PDFs and I need the PRINT prompt in my “favorites”.

Print/Adobe PDF worked great in last version! 

SEE PHOTO:  Evernote documentation says that PRINT feature is NOT AVAILABLE in IOS.

407B39FC-256B-41DA-AD00-715AE53B6DE2.jpeg

Agree.  I found a workaround to PRINT my notes and / or make Adobe PDFs of my notes.  My workaround is not as simplistic as the PRINT process before the 10 update. —- but I’m happy I found an alternative. 😀

On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 AM, kate0508 said:

Agree.  I found a workaround to PRINT my notes and / or make Adobe PDFs of my notes.  My workaround is not as simplistic as the PRINT process before the 10 update. —- but I’m happy I found an alternative. 😀

MY UPDATE:  I use IOS, iPhone 7 plus exclusively for my EverNote.  The PRINT workaround I discovered lasted for maybe one day.  Afterwards, the workarounds EDGE & HP Print printed only half the page & did not print other pages in a multi page Note.  I’ve spent hours trying to get my two lost features to work:  1) PRINT & 2) Find In Note.  PRINT allows me to make PDFs of my notes.  

It’s like losing a part of my brain.  Evernote has been a vital part of my data life since 2014.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do now ☹️

• Level 5

To be a bit more specific about how to print using PrinterPro:

• You need to install the desktop version of the "Printer Pro" App on a desktop PC or a Mac. The desktop must be connected to the printer. You get it from the readdle.com web site for PC, and from the Mac AppStore. It costs a fee (6,99€ on the AppStore).
  • You need to install the "Printer Pro" app on the iOS device, another 7,99€.
  • When both is installed and operational, you can open EN 10 on the iOS device, go to the note, select the 3 dots top right, and click on "Share note".
  • In the following page, click on "Send, share and more", the iOS share symbol. Select "Print with PrinterPro" from the scroll down menu. 
  • The note will be handed over to the Printer Pro app. You can preview the pages, make a selection and print. The PC/Mac must be active and connected to the printer, the app must be open on the desktop. The iOS device will print to the app on the desktop, and from there it prints to the printer.

On testing, a text note with little text was printed on one page. A text note with more text was split into 3 pages, one with the title, one with the body and one with the footer. All 3 would have fit on one page as well. So it works if you need to print, but there is little control over the result.

Another readdle app "PDF Converter" that should produce a pdf did only grab the title when tested on the same notes.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kate0508 said:

MY UPDATE:  I use IOS, iPhone 7 plus exclusively for my EverNote.  The PRINT workaround I discovered lasted for maybe one day.  Afterwards, the workarounds EDGE & HP Print printed only half the page & did not print other pages in a multi page Note.  I’ve spent hours trying to get my two lost features to work:  1) PRINT & 2) Find In Note.  PRINT allows me to make PDFs of my notes.  

It’s like losing a part of my brain.  Evernote has been a vital part of my data life since 2014.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do now ☹️

UPDATE:  10-10-20:  I’ve given up using EVERNOTE 10.0.4 on my IOS 7 plus iPhone.  I need to be able to PRINT & I need to be able to use FIND IN NOTE.  

I deleted Evernote App off my iphone & then reinstalled. Deleting & reinstalling Evernote didn’t change anything.  I easily & quickly restored all my Evernote data after deleting & reinstalling.  As I said in my quote & in several other comments, using PRINT workarounds are wonky & unreliable for me on my iPhone  —  only portions of my Note print - sometimes only one partial note prints, etc.  I used 2 or 3 different Print Apps - Edge, HP Print & all else available in my Share that allows printing.  

•••PLEASE, bring back the good old regularly used standard PRINT function to EverNote IOS.  Please.

•••OR, please allow reinstalling  the Evernote IOS version BEFORE the IOS 10 update.  Please.  

I have earlier versions of Evernote on my seldom used old iPad & earlier Evernote version on my cumbersome LapTop.  My husband has his own separate subscription to Evernote on his IOS 7 plus iPhone in the before 10 version.  

Evernote remains my most favorite data storage APP, so I dusted off my old iPad & I’m getting reacquainted with it & using the earlier version of Evernote on my iPad.  The new added features on Evernote 10 version are awesome but the missing PRINT & FIND IN NOTE are more important for me.

Thanks for reading.  

• Like 1
On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 AM, kate0508 said:

UPDATE:  10-10-20:  as I stated in several of my posts, the tedious PRINT workarounds stopped working.  Using HP Print, Edge & whatever other Print apps available in my SHARE.  Now, only partial note prints & only one page of partial note prints.  

•••Please. Bring. Back.The. Standard. Regularly. Used. PRINT. Feature. To.  Evernote.  IOS. 10.4.  Please. ••••

• Like 1

In the new version of the app the print feature has been removed. Am I the only user who frequently needs to print a paper copy of the note?
there is a workaround to copy and paste the note to Word and print from there but this is slow and inconvenient. Can we have the print facility back please

• Like 1

I used to print by going to the share note icon, then clicking on the send, export, more, and then print.  When I do this now I only have add to reading list or share to pinterest as options.   There is so way to print.    Other apps printing fine.   thanks. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite uses of Evernote is as a recipe box. So when it is time to cook, I print my recipe from the app.... until this new app release. 

Um, what was the logic behind removing this simple function?

• Like 1

Seems like it should be an easy fix but I am stumped.  I am unable to find the print function in EN.  I use to be able to print by bluetooth to my printer.  I see in 2018 the print function was moved and I am able to go to Send, export and more, but no print function appears in there.

I am able to print from my ipad useing other apps so that is not the problem.

I tried getting around it by emailing and airdropping the EN file to my mac which is successful, but when I try to print that I get the Title showing up on the preview but the rest is blank.  

Any thoughts? Thanks

• Like 1

this app is seriously not useful for me if I cant print when I find a need to.  so sorry i just updated.  :-(  

please restore print functionality.  I dont use any app in order to have to do woarkarounds for simple straightforward, oft used and popular functions.

• Like 1