We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Chris_W

No Sync (iOS version behaves like a read only client) [UPDATED]

Ok, so anything I do in the iOS version is not reflected in the stable Mac version (or website). 

Creating a note does not sync to the Mac (or website).

Deleting a note does not sync to the Mac (or website). 

I've had Evernote on iOS open for like 60 minutes (foreground) for notes I created hours ago and even after restarts or pull down to refresh nothing syncs back to the Mac.

If I create or delete a note on Mac, it shows up or disappears on iOS. So it's an iOS to website (to Mac) issue seemingly. 

UPDATED

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris_W said:

So it's an iOS to Mac issue seemingly.

The sync process is     device <> server <> device   
                                not   device <> device

Check your data on the server at  www.evernote.com to isolate the  problem

I know the sequence of syncing. And new notes that I've tried to add using "Share" to Evernote, from both iPhone and iPad (both on iOS14) with the new iOS version of Evernote are NOT on the server at evernote.com ...

The device<>server syncing is not happening.  Even the pane that comes up on trying to share (the one with "Type a title" in it, which I really don't want to be doing while I'm saving clips on the fly) disappears way too quickly when I tap on "Save".  Previously there was a delay while the Clipper "sucked up" the web page, article, whatever.  But now it doesn't seem to do that. 

I've tried clipping and adding 20 - 30 different notes, from full web pages, to simplified article to selected text, etc.  And NONE of them is on either the Evernote server or on any other device, including my Mac.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

The sync process is     device <> server <> device   
                                not   device <> device

Check your data on the server at  www.evernote.com to isolate the  problem

Thank you. I can say that the website also does not reflect any changes made in the iOS version. I'll edit my original post to include that info.

Hi all,

Thanks for letting us know.

We're currently looking into this, and I'll follow-up once I know more.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

Hi all,

Thanks for letting us know.

We're currently looking into this, and I'll follow-up once I know more.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks. If there was a way to get a TestFlight link to the old version that would be great, since the new one is not functional. 

Read only access to my notes for a few days now was a nuisance, but another week would be a bigger problem.

I have two offline notebooks that don't have many notes in them.  For one of those notebooks the green bar has not completed its journey, the other shows the down arrow which I assume means download complete.  Just added a couple of notes in IOS looking for them in Windows, one to each notebook.  The note in the already downloaded notebook syncs.  The one in not completed download is not syncing.  So amateur assessment, something is gummed up in that notebook.  Clueless as to which note(s). 

There are only 10 notes in the notebook so I add xx to the end of the titles.  Everything syncs and I see all the notes on the desktop.  Good thing.  Now there is no green bar for that notebook on the iPhone.  I edit the titles on the desktop and sync.  Back to the phone and sync and now I have the down arrow completed download.  Cluster.

8 小時前, Chris_W說:

Thanks. If there was a way to get a TestFlight link to the old version that would be great, since the new one is not functional. 

Read only access to my notes for a few days now was a nuisance, but another week would be a bigger problem.

I think they need to put back v8.24.6 to the App Store, or if they can release v10.0.1, 10.0.2...at least every two to three days trying their best to fix as more issues as possible.

Hi All,

I will be reaching out to some of you directly to gather more information as we further investigate into this issue.

Please continue to let us know if you are experiencing syncing issues here.

Deleting the app and reinstalling seems to have solved the sync issue for now (tested in the last few hours). 

Now that it syncs, I started to get note conflicts with duplicates, as mentioned in other threads.

I’ve had a 2018 iPad open for days with screen lock set to off and Evernote on screen. Doing this to get a few selected notebooks to download offline. Woke up today and there was a permission message on screen for notifications “allow Evernote to send notifications,” but Evernote had shut down. I’m guessing because of this or something else to do with Evernote. Shrug. On this iPad it seems like the notebooks, eventually, will download, but on a fast connection with mostly text notes and an iPad left on constantly it shouldn’t take days.

On my 2017 iPad Pro, it’s a different story. I’ve also been trying to get the same notebooks to download offline. The green progress bar will move about this far —— on screen and then won’t progress further. Sometimes , it will progress that far and completely reset as if it has downloaded nothing. I can’t edit or access any of these notes while they are being downloaded. 

12 minutes ago, bounce said:

I’ve had a 2018 iPad open for days with screen lock set to off and Evernote on screen. Doing this to get a few selected notebooks to download offline. Woke up today and there was a permission message on screen for notifications “allow Evernote to send notifications,” but Evernote had shut down. I’m guessing because of this or something else to do with Evernote. Shrug. On this iPad it seems like the notebooks, eventually, will download, but on a fast connection with mostly text notes and an iPad left on constantly it shouldn’t take days.

On my 2017 iPad Pro, it’s a different story. I’ve also been trying to get the same notebooks to download offline. The green progress bar will move about this far —— on screen and then won’t progress further. Sometimes , it will progress that far and completely reset as if it has downloaded nothing. I can’t edit or access any of these notes while they are being downloaded. 

Yeah, I switched it all off. It's not usable it seems.

In the past, hundreds of notes downloaded in a few minutes, now the app can't download 26 notes (I aborted after 30 or 40 minutes).

22 hours ago, bounce said:

A very similar behavior here, on my iPad Air 3rd generation. The download progress bar stopped after a tenth of the distance, and there it remains after having the iPad open for two days with screen lock set to off and Evernote in the foreground. No progress, no sign of any activity. Also on my iPhone SE, 1st. gen - exactly the same situation.

Ah, what glorious days, back in time, when i could rely on Evernote on my iOS-devices and access my most important notebooks even when i was without proper network access.

We should keep 2 things apart:

-syncing of notes, up or down that were created, deleted or edited 

- downloading of notes as offline content

Mixing one with the other does just muddle up the water. We expect EN to do the  firefighting right now - we should give good directions about what to fix.

In my case syncing up and down is  working on iPhone and iPad Pro. 

Downloading my offline content has stalled after initial progress. This is reported, and I am waiting for a release that will fix it.

33 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

We should keep 2 things apart:   
-syncing of notes, up or down that were created, deleted or edited   
- downloading of notes as offline content

3rd thing    
- downloading of notes as offline metadata    
This seems to run quickly, even for entire offline notebooks   

Just updated to 10.0.2 on my iOS and iPadOS which resulted in both being screwed up and the web interface froze.   Evernote what is going on!!!