[Feature Released in Version 10.4] Restore Email a note copy

nonenone

Idea

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

The thinking is that the "invite someone" affordance accomplishes the same thing because it emails the note.

No, this doesn't "accomplish the same thing"   
- "Invite someone" sends a public/private website link to the note
- email a note copy sends the actual note

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Jack Lynch said:

Update on email a copy: We should have this restored very early next year and at the latest within the next couple of months.

Thanks, Jack. I shared notes by email regularly with people who don't have and won't get Evernote accounts - starting with my assistant. This is an important feature. I've been a premium member since 2009 and have stayed premium rather than switching to a free service like Google Drive because Evernote offers more features than GDrive; please don't race Google to the bottom. 

• Like 5

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. You're right; we have taken this feature out of the new release. The thinking is that the "invite someone" affordance accomplishes the same thing because it emails the note.

Would you love your feedback on how "invite someone" does/doesn't meet your needs.

For what it's worth, our new design is pretty similar to Google docs (they also don't have a separate "email a copy" button.)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Level 5

@Jack Lynch Thanks for responding to this issue.

If I invite someone, it means he needs a (basic) Account to access the Note - correct ? Or he uses a browser to access the note by the link ?

Could you tell a little about what Happens on the recipients side to receive the information I want to send him ?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

@Jack Lynch Thanks for responding to this issue.

If I invite someone, it means he needs a (basic) Account to access the Note - correct ? Or he uses a browser to access the note by the link ?

Could you tell a little about what Happens on the recipients side to receive the information I want to send him ?

Just to make sure it is on record: I have asked first 😉

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jack Lynch said:

Can you elaborate on your use case for the 2 sharing methods? I’d like to better understand your workflow.

This is what I intend the recipient to receive in the email754605414_ScreenShot2020-09-24at3_02_11PM.png.520d6483071cde7c058bfab4125c22e0.png
They may not be an Evernote user

With invite someone, I see two options

Evernote User    

992284195_ScreenShot2020-09-24at2_25_25PM.png.39b40f7fdf12bb1d55fdf6542c9eedfe.png

Non-Evernote User

904480368_ScreenShot2020-09-24at3_09_45PM.png.c5f7c686a700832e9a02cf017c02a402.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DTLow and PinkElephant: I hear you. Usage of "email a copy" was very low, which is why we prioritized cleaning up other aspects of the sharing experience for the new clients. That said, I understand why you need it, and I'm adding it to the roadmap.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Level 5

@Jack Lynch O.K., Just to explain my reason: Some people we share with work in an enterprise environment, behind firewalls and with all sort of restrictions. They have problems to open stuff, they can’t install things on their computers - but all of them can receive a plain E-Mail.

So the ability to send out a note by this way is important - if you look at it from the recipients view.

By the way, this is one reason we need to print as well. Printing means you can produce a pdf from any content, and exchange this as an universally understood file format. So beside the E-Mail-Feature, I would appreciate if you put „Printing option“ on the backlog as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Please bring the e-mail a copy of the actual note back, I mean the desktop version still supports it, please don't remove it, please. I can't tell you how much time I am loosing just because we do not have this feature. Productivity in Evernote is one of the moats of this software and that e-mail note function, really helps with reporting to all sorts of people.

• Level 5*
On 9/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, Jack Lynch said:

For what it's worth, our new design is pretty similar to Google docs (they also don't have a separate "email a copy" button.)

And that makes it somehow better???  😳

I did not use the function often but valued it when I did, FWIW. 

• Level 5*
On 9/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, Jack Lynch said:

DTLow and PinkElephant: I hear you. Usage of "email a copy" was very low, which is why we prioritized cleaning up other aspects of the sharing experience for the new clients. That said, I understand why you need it, and I'm adding it to the roadmap.

Thanks, I just want clear disclosure when features get dropped

I'm not even sure i's a priority to use Evernote's email servers    
Users can copy/paste into their own email services

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Users can copy/paste into their own email services

Downside is that with all the other dropped functionality that's been dropped it's just another rock moved from EN's pack to the user's pack.  Well maybe this is more of a stone but at some point the pack gets too heavy to carry on an individual user basis.

I'm sharing 15-20 meeting notes a week with global colleagues via e-mail over the last 4 years.

It is very important for my personal administration. I could not believe my eyes this morning when is was out. 😲

Luckily I could switch back to the previous version.

-> Please restore  -share via e-mail- functionality ASAP in new versions as soon as possible. 👍

or at least as long as I can use the previous version.  Otherwise I have to find another solution & I don't want that!

• Like 4
On 9/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, Jack Lynch said:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. You're right; we have taken this feature out of the new release. The thinking is that the "invite someone" affordance accomplishes the same thing because it emails the note.

Would you love your feedback on how "invite someone" does/doesn't meet your needs.

Hi Jack, I cannot force everybody that I send an e-mail copy to, to take an evernote account. Just leaving out this essential functionality for paying customers that rely on it for years, is not the kind customer focus that is going to make Evernote successful. My employer offers me Onenote as part of office, but I've sticked to Evernote. Don't push me (and many others) out with strategies that have customer satisfaction way down the priority list.   

• Like 2

Just today, I needed to send notes through e-mail. I collected them on my phone, the app seems a bit slower and sometimes blows out the screen, but you know that really is not so much of a problem. Then I had to go to a desktop to use the installed evernote to mail the notes, it just wastes time, a simple function like this. Please bring it back.

Isn't it enough I lost the 3D touch function on the Evernote app in iOS? That made quick note taking so easy, but ok, I can do without that. However when productivity is hindered, really it's not what Evernote is about.

• Like 1

Sharing a link is NOT the same as emailing a note.  I would use this multiple times a day.  Evernote is suppose to make your life easier not harder.  Will this feature be brought back?  Can I get the old version back?  Does anyone on this discussion suggest another platform where it is available?  Too bad I was a huge advocate of Evernotes...but not now.

• Like 2

Emailing copies of notes with all the attachments has become an integral part of the workflow between myself and a group of other users for years!!! There is nothing to replace this essential feature.

I am pleased that you have added the copy email function to the 'Roadmap' but this is a bit like saying sorry I broke your car by removing 6th gear, ive put it on the list for a fix someday. It is unsatisfactory. We need this function today! 

To simply take away fundamental features with no warning and no alternative is beyond belief. We buy into this service BECAUSE OF the existing features at the time we decide to commit. Already this update has cost myself and others many hours of frustration and we are of course now considering alternatives. This practice of releasing updates and stripping features which may or may not be restored over time has been going on for years with Evernote. It completely destroys confidence in the software. It is a hazardous company to buy into! What's next to go ? That's been the constant worry and the reason for seeking alternative products. It is not safe to build a workflow around a product where the development culture appears so blase. 

As a matter of urgency, please make available all legacy versions until you have a properly formed product. That is damage limitation at least. 

• Like 3

I track all my surgical cases in Evernote and have for years.  It is a great data base with search capabilities.  I then forward by email my information to my office for billing.  Please bring back the ability to email notes on the Mac version.  Both the mobile app and the desktop app seem like a step back in time.  Hope you will restore email capability soon.

Thanks,

Steve Weinstein

• Like 1

The short term solution: quickly switching back to the previous version. That still has this (for many) essential send email copy functionality.

Who ever thought / decided "cleaning up"  this would help Evernote, probably skipped customer satisfaction in the trade-off. 

I'll try & live with the new interface, as soon as the send e-mail copy is back, not before. If it is not restored, and the old version disabled, I'll switch to Onenote. 

I'll not learn to live without it. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
39 minutes ago, kees_burger said:

The short term solution: quickly switching back to the previous version.

Can you provide details on how to do this in IOS
Switching to the legacy version is easy on Mac and Windows

@Jack Lynch +1 to the list of frustrated users. I am with Evernote since 2008! This feature is essential! As I keep a lot of useful tips and saved stuff in my Evernote being able to share it with colleagues and friends is one of the key features for me. Not everyone is using Evernote and as other users said my corporate contacts are behind some kind of firewall and can’t access the Evernote link. 
Almost all apps on iOS allow the sharing feature of iOS to share content on all channels. It surely doesn’t add to the user base of Evernote to block features like these. 
Thanks for putting this high priority on your roadmap. 

Another disappointed user that “sharing a note by email” has been dropped. This feature was essential in the way I share my work notes with clients.

I truly hope Evernote will restore this functionality (not just “put it on the road map”) ASAP.

In the meantime, I have removed version 10 and downgraded to the “old” version.

Tim

Edited by Treebreeder
Spelling
  • Like 1

Emailing notes directly from Evernote was my primary workflow. Now I am unable to do so. Sharing a link is not the same as sending the actual note. If I can no longer email a note from Evernote I am going to cancel my premium account. Can you please tell me if this ability is going to be restored before I make a decision to cancel 

I'm upset that I can no longer email notes directly from Evernote. Sending a link is not the same as sending the actual note. Emailing notes from Evernote was essential for my workflow. If I can no longer email notes from Evernote I will have to cancel my premium service. Please let me know if there are any plans to restore this service so that I can make a decision whether to keep my service. 

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 12:45 AM, nonenone said:

I frequently email my notes. Not share the link to my notes, but email my complete note. That feature had already been eliminated from the web version of Evernote, and it has now disappeared from the new iOS version. Is that a bug? Emailing notes is an important part of my work process, and if Evernote is going to eliminate that feature and rely exclusively on sharing notes, then I’ll have to reconsider whether I want to remain a paying customer, after many years of doing so (since May 2010, according to my profile).

Of course, this is on top of other issues with the new version of Evernote for iOS, including the formatting bugs, the elimination of the last used notebooks, the three colorful and “helpful” buttons for upgrade (bright yellow), edit (bright blue), and new note (bright green) (more distracting than anything helpful), the difficulties selecting a note (touching it on the left-hand side menu and not being selected). Going for a more “modern” look at the expense of functionality doesn’t seem to be a great move...

I feel exactly the same with regards to the problem of emailing notes.  If this functionality is really gone, than I'm switching to OneNote (after having been a Premium Member since 2012). 

• Like 1
On 9/24/2020 at 9:05 PM, Jack Lynch said:

Often, I will take notes either for a meeting or for sharing ideas. I will pass these around (different companies and possibly timezones) My recipients like receiving an email they can read without having to follow a link set up an account etc. Business users tend to just keep emails form people as a "file" copy. Incidentally some of my recipients liked what they received and this led them to get Evernote accounts as this feature was valued by them also as it meant they could keep notes in one place but share easily without any expectation placed on the recipient. I feel onenote is an inferior product but will be easier platform to share notes etc. This feature was kind of the key to making the most of evernote. Hopefully this helps

• Like 2

I share many of the criticism of the bad UX of the new version, although I have to admit I have to play with it a bit more. However there is a missing feature that could make me quit Evernote after many years: the impossibility to send the note by e-mail to people that do not use Evernote. I cannot force colleagues that do not use Evernote to have to register o download an app to be able to see a document I send them. For this, I was using a lot the "send by e-mail" option (that was already quite hidden in the menu). They took out this possibility and if it does not come back I will quit Evernote. I'm using a lot to edit content that I later share with other people be e-mail and if I cannot do this anymore this is a show stopper.

I work on a team for a mental health agency and Evernote has been my way of keeping track of my work outside of the office's rather clunky internal system. Emailing a copy of the note has been a godsend to me since, sadly, may of my coworkers do not have any organizational system and will mostly likely not even register for an account. Giving no warning is very frustrating since I used that featured very often. 

For the most part, I can get around it with copy/pasting into an email, however sharing notes with pictures/graphs is a pain now.

• Like 1

Removing the feature of "email a copy" is a COMPLETE FAILURE on Evernote's part.  I have been using this program for over 10 years, and EVERY DAY I must use this feature to send my manager daily notes so he can do his billing to clients.  I don't want to cut and paste them into an email, another waste of time.

I just installed the update today to 10.3.7 and it's a nightmare.  Too many weird things happening and the way it's organized is HORRIBLE

If the email feature is not restored in the next update, I will have to find another program to use.   And don't tell me to use the SHARE feature, I don't want someone to have access to my entire folder.  They need it on email so they can forward it to their accounting manager.

• Like 3

I agree please restore this function ASAP. I have paid for Evernote for many years and relied on email a copy. I do not want to share links or market Evernote products. 

Today I wasted an hour trying to send a copies of notes to my husband and failed. He only received links that tried to have him create an account. That is unacceptable. 

As for the excuse comparing EN to Google, I did not buy Google. 

The updates have been a complete disaster. Please restore Or warn customers what functions they will lose before pushing out your updates. 

• Like 2

Hi don't mean to pile on here but emailing the full contents of the note is a must-have feature for me as well.  I'm adding my voice to the mix because the question was asked why and we use such a feature. 

1) Most importantly, my workplace blocks all web based applications (including cloud email). It's the only way i can get content from Evernote to my work environment

2) One of the reasons I send so much content from Evernote to work is I use Evernote web clipper as a way of saving a web page -- e.g. a newspaper article -- that i may want for work purposes. Web Clipper does a decent job of stripping out all the noise and garbage on HTML pages and saving them in simplified format. That's invaluable to me. So i strip down a web page and save it, then send the note via email to work. It's also nice to have a searchable archived version of the article in Evernote.

3) Finally, the point was made that use of the feature was relatively low. Let me posit a few possible explanations for this: for as long as i can recall, the feature was available only on windows fat client version.  Not on Mac version. Not on browser-based version.  In addition, the feature was relatively hard to find.  My view is that software designers should focus on designing products as useful as possible  to customers rather than keeping them trapped within a closed ecosystem. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lynn Lowery said:

is there a way to switch back to the older version. Either on Web side or iOS side?

I am now using Legacy on my Mac and it works fine. I dont think they have a download of the previous version.

Otherwise you can use the browser version, which I dont like much.  I can still send by email on my Android.

But its one big thing they should have discussed with users before removing it. Even though they say a small percentage use it. But its critical to those of us that do. 

I too hate to pile on, but email a note is a "gotta have" Evernote feature for me. My workflow is often to save multiple notes, merge them into a new merged note, then email myself the note. Once received, I can forward the body of the note on to others, most of whom don't care or want to know about Evernote. The images in the note can be resized in Outlook, the text can be moved and changed, and resulting email (which used the EN note as the foundation) looks great, and can be printed or saved to pdf by the email recipients. Unfortunately, I'm running across a number of missing features in the new EN for Windows. I'm going to downgrade to the legacy version for now and check to see if you guys can fix the new EN for Windows. 

• Like 1

I use email a note copy everyday. It's a crucial part of my executive coaching work. My clients rely on this process. Is it is a bit anachronistic? Yes. Does it work? Yes. I will cancel my subscription unless it returns. If I can't rely on my note-taking app to do simple things extraordinarily well, then I don't need it.

• Like 2
On 9/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, Jack Lynch said:

This comments seems to say the following to me: "Seems like lots of people are using Google Docs... so we just copied their interface." It also seems to ignore the fact that many of us use Evernote loyal, for decades because of certain features and customizable work spaces. To summarily change all this up without warning or notification -- and then to express bewilderment when people are upset -- demonstrates a lack of concern and professionalism that is shocking for a mature startup.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jack Lynch said:

Hi @DavidMSODno bewilderment as to why you're upset. You'll see further down the thread that once we understood people's use cases a bit more clearly, we jumped on this. We'll be restoring this feature. We're working very hard on it as we speak.

@Jack LynchHi, I usually use the print dialog to send a note copy: if you are in the print dialog a simple "zoom out" using two fingers opens the document in preview and then the share menu is available to e. g. send the document (PDF) via email. Unfortunately if you do this very well known workflow with EN V10 it crashes as soon as you start typing the receipent's email adress 😞

Hello - I am glad you are restoring this feature. For the first time today I used the iPad app & was shocked that I could not send a note. My laptop is in the shop and so have had to depend on the mobile apps.

I was about to find an alternative system as some of my notes are legal submissions in other countries, and the notes are forwarded and have to be the content, not a link. There is no guarantee with a link the info was received. Very scary.

Also, showing a link is a security risk. I do not want anyone to know where my data lives and also have a path to it!

A problem I just noticed on the iOS app ( mine is an older version - 8.24.6.37) is that the from field says: no-reply-content@evernote.com.  It should say the email address that I configured,  ( the Mac OS app does it correctly (but maybe I have an old version).

😁

Thank you Evernote for getting this back.  Although volume is low on your side, most of our clients do not use evernote - they have other enterprise platforms.  So emailing was by far a better solution.  My workflow - just so you have an understanding - is taking notes for all my client meetings and when the meeting is over I immediately email all parties involved my notes.  Historically you would loose formatting when copy/paste into email.  This has improved and since this feature was taken away I have had to copy/paste to my mail system, manually fix any formatting issues, then send.  Really appreciate you bringing this back and listening to the community.

Scott

• Like 1

What a bad news - in May I paid yearly charge. Now Evernote for another half a year will be like a piece of useless brick for me. I use it for 9+ years now.

Sharing a link will be killed by spam filters of the receiving side. And half of them will be complaining about me sending stupid links instead of information they need.

It is quite obvious you want more clients by using your existing users as advertising transport to their business partners. I consider it highly disappointing. Will look for another alternative to Evernote.

• Like 1

It is pretty frustrating as a 10 year premium user to have features disappear with an "upgrade".  I had to paste text into an email and then separately drag in every document from the evernote note into an email.  You can't just select all and paste when the note includes documents.   In the past, this could have been done with a few clicks in the "export via email" option.  I don't want to share access to a note like Google Docs.  I am in Evernote because Google Docs lacks the features that I need.  Not a helpful comparison.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sfish said:

It is pretty frustrating as a 10 year premium user to have features disappear with an "upgrade".  I had to paste text into an email and then separately drag in every document from the evernote note into an email.  You can't just select all and paste when the note includes documents.   In the past, this could have been done with a few clicks in the "export via email" option.  I don't want to share access to a note like Google Docs.  I am in Evernote because Google Docs lacks the features that I need.  Not a helpful comparison.  Thanks for your help.

I agree.  I too am an almost 10 year user and I had integrated Evernote seamlessly into my workflow. Yes there were some issues, like the mobile app being so slow as to be not useable (for me), and I was looking forward to the next generation fixing things, but I never imagined functions being deleted. The beauty of Evernote is that it was flexible & could be used in so many different ways. I am so upset that core 'functions' of Evernote are being deleted and then positioned now as 'feature' requests that they are considering. This is not ok for me. I want to be able to control my data - including sending it where I want and synching it when I want - not waiting 13 1/2 minutes for a note I wrote on my iPad to show up on my laptop - where I intended on adding to it 15 seconds later. This is not workable. Searching for key words in 30,000 notes used to be easy - it would show matches that were tags, matches that were in titles and matches found in notes... now they are all jumbled together and it is simply a mess. Yes, new users may not find any issues with this, but once you get 10s of thousands of notes, this does not scale. I wish no functions to be deleted as that is the 'legacy' .. we have proven it for 10 years .. it is a good thing. We have beaten evernote and pushed it to its limits, the limits need to be refined, not deleted and crippled. I want Evernote to have a next generation and hopefully all our comments will be taken as constructive and addressed swiftly -- because we are the foundation.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 1:03 PM, Jack Lynch said:

@Jack LynchHonestly, as a long time user I am embarrassed to admit this, but I did not know this feature even existed and it would solved a lot of my problems sharing notes. Unfortunately, none of my customers or vendors use Evernote and being able to share notes via email would have been a much better alternative to link sharing that I have done in the past

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brandon Wood said:

@Jack LynchHonestly, as a long time user I am embarrassed to admit this, but I did not know this feature even existed and it would solved a lot of my problems sharing notes. Unfortunately, none of my customers or vendors use Evernote and being able to share notes via email would have been a much better alternative to link sharing that I have done in the past

You can always use Evernote Legacy until they make the change.  It has the email feature.

I ALWAYS used the email feature.  Not everyone wants or likes Evernote.  And putting the note in a web version is pretty awful.  When I email a note, the contents of the note needs to be in the email, not ANOTHER step of clicking the link.  Email is a very important and official part of our workflow.  I've been a paid user since 2012 and have thousands of notes.  I do hope it comes back soon.

• Like 2

@Jack Lynch. Email a copy is very important to my workflow. Our family will definitely unsubscribe if email a copy and other essential functions (eg. options, simplify formatting) are not restored in evernote. Don't ever disable previous evernote version, it is the only thing that works and keeps us subscribing. Please forward that message to management. Thanks. 

you are right. I hadn't been using send a note by email, but I discovered it just before you changed it and was so happy and so impressed and got to use it a few times before it was GONe. Please bring it back. I agree, share a note does not do the same thing.

• Like 1

I've been using this software since August of this year and I've completely fallen in love with it. I stopped using all the other janky software apps and transitioned everything, both professionally and personally, over to EN. Looking at the version history, it appears I got in just before the big 10x upgrade. Recently, I received a notification from the software that a new update was available. I didn't hesitate to install it, not knowing that one of my favorite features was axed from the new version. 

The feature being discussed here has been a tremendous help to me with sending a complete note to someone in my business without them having to have the EN software. As this is an enterprise setting, it's not possible for them to get it.

I just downloaded the legacy app and will continue to use it until this feature is added back to the main release. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, DeFenn said:

How do I send an email with copy of note like previous version?

Unbelievable that you would take this function away and compare it to Google Docs and expect people to set up a Evernote account. For one thing most people know google. Many of the people I send notes to do not know Evernote and will not create an account and therefore don't see the note. Words cannot express How disappointed I am with this. And you saying you will have it fixed in several months is BS. Evernote is deteriorating in functionality and convenience. 

On 12/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, Jack Lynch said:

Update on email a copy: We should have this restored very early next year and at the latest within the next couple of months.

Unbelievable that you would take this function away and compare it to Google Docs and expect people to set up a Evernote account. For one thing most people know google. Many of the people I send notes to do not know Evernote and will not create an account and therefore don't see the note. Words cannot express How disappointed I am with this. And you saying you will have it fixed in several months is BS. Evernote is deteriorating in functionality and convenience. 

I have not updated my phone app, the email option is still there. So I hope it will still work on the phones too.

I am currently using EVERNOTE LEGACY on my computer.  Works great, just like it used to. I might just continue using it because I really didn't like the new version anyway, besides the email note issue.

Just wanted to voice my own displeasure with this change, and the speed with which it's getting addressed. Absolutely infuriating for those who use this function routinely.

It's pretty obvious this change was meant as a way of nudging your user base to passively pressure friends and colleagues to sign up for Evernote accounts. I should be able to share my saved content without imposing a new tool on those I work with.

Please make this a priority. Nothing else the EN dev team is working on right now is as important to me as restoring this feature.

• Level 5

The assumption that everything MUST be related to an evil plan seems to be the high runner these days. Much more likely is that they simply did not have a lot of features ready, but decided to release v10 anyhow. I could have waited longer - still running legacy would have been possible as well without having v10 around.

If you want to help things to move on, you could decide to contribute (= subscribe) instead of just be infuriated and set priorities from the sideline. Surprisingly developers love to have something in their fridge when they come home in the evening.

If you want to help things to move on, you could decide to contribute (= subscribe) instead of just be infuriated and set priorities from the sideline. Surprisingly developers love to have something in their fridge when they come home in the evening.

Going to keep my response to this brief, because the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze on a Friday afternoon.

I fully expect Premium users' concerns to take priority given their financial contributions to the project. That seems only fair. However, I'd like to think the Evernote team also cares about the concerns/frustrations of Basic users as well. You aren't doing EN any favors by alienating those who would be glad to subscribe to Premium once critical issues like this are sorted out.

Additionally, even basic users put a lot of trust in EN when they invest time and energy incorporating this software into their daily workflows. As such, even Basic users have a right to be at least moderately irritated when a straightforward way of interacting with non-EN users is pulled without warning.

I will, however, cop to shooting off my mouth too quickly with the use of "infuriating" in my post. Poor choice of words for expressing my frustration.

Hi @fast_learner, restoring this feature is a top priority for us. You will have it back soon.

Thanks, Jack. I do appreciate you following up and staying on top of this conversation.

32 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

Hi all,
Email a copy of a note has been restored on all platforms: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/133139-update-email-a-copy-of-a-note/

I will continue monitoring this thread closely, so if any issues or questions come up, please post them here, and I will try to respond ASAP.

Not working on mine yet. I am on a Mac using the App.  Version 10.3.7.  It says I am up to date, do you have a newer version available?  

39 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

Hi all,
Email a copy of a note has been restored on all platforms: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/133139-update-email-a-copy-of-a-note/

I will continue monitoring this thread closely, so if any issues or questions come up, please post them here, and I will try to respond ASAP.

I went to the Evernote site and downloaded the latest version for Mac, 10.6.9.  Even though my original program says i'm up to date.  Now looking at this version, I still don't see the Email A Copy feature there.  I think you need to verify, and let people know they may need to update their program.

6 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

When you click "Share" in a note, what do you see? Can you post a screenshot?

It looks the same as before.  The darker screenshot is from Legacy that I am using for now. It has the menu for MORE SHARING, the new one does not.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.38.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.39.28 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees
2 hours ago, GreenTreePCS said:

It looks the same as before.  The darker screenshot is from Legacy that I am using for now. It has the menu for MORE SHARING, the new one does not.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.38.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.39.28 PM.png

To confirm, this is an ios forum thread. The 10.4 version is referring the ios version, not desktop app version.

Could you triple check the installed version by selecting Evernote > About from the menu? If you search for your app for Evernote do you see an "Evernote" and an "Evernote 2". Checking your account activity, it appears that there are two sperate version installed on the same mac. Version 10.3 and 10.6 the feature will only appear in 10.6 for the mac desktop app. 

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees
9 minutes ago, louise29 said:

I can also only see what is in the first screen shot. Email a copy is not an option yet in EN 10.5.7

That's correct. This is an ios thread. 10.4 is the ios version where this feature will return.

10.6 is the desktop version with this feature. You can update to 10.6 by installing it from here: evernote.com/download

I have tried to access the email copy feature on my desktop, laptop and phone and I also see only the share link.  I have double checked to make sure all are the 10.6 version.  Windows is what I use for the computers and Android is my phone.

evernote.jpg

10 minutes ago, PamelaB said:

I have tried to access the email copy feature on my desktop, laptop and phone and I also see only the share link.  I have double checked to make sure all are the 10.6 version.  Windows is what I use for the computers and Android is my phone.

Hi Pamela,

What happens if you push the 'email a copy' button at the bottom on the left?
For me it works.
I agree, it's not very clear that this is a button.

Hans

• Thanks 1
On 1/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, Jack Lynch said:

Ok. I'm investigating.

Any updates, Jack? As I understand it, my installation of Evernote should allow me to e-mail a copy of a note, but this is all I see when I navigate to: Note => Share Note...

800531727_ScreenShot2021-02-12at4_37_30PM.png.e76e5183b9428d458c6d6ae93c8a576b.png

No sign of "Email a copy" in the bottom left of the window as observed in others' screenshots. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Here are the details for my Evernote installation:

10.8.4-mac-ddl-public (2349)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.1
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

54 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Share a note by sending it as an E-Mail is a Premium feature.

To use it, you need to upgrade to Premium (or Business).

Sorry, but you are incorrect. I have been using FREE Evernote for 15 years and use the email feature daily. I still use it with Legacy version until the issue is corrected.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, GreenTreePCS said:

Sorry, but you are incorrect. I have been using FREE Evernote for 15 years and use the email feature daily. I still use it with Legacy version until the issue is corrected.

Documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313328-Share-a-copy-of-a-note-via-email

Note: You must have Evernote Premium or Evernote Business to share a copy of a note via email.