Search for Checkbox (not checklist)

Stacey Harmon
Go to solution Solved by May L,

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Solution

@Stacey We do have a filter for lists in the new search experience which is in the new apps. You can simply go to the search bar and type "lists" and then click on the "lists" filter. It should filter any note with any kind of list (bulleted, numbered, etc). Also, this article shares all the filters available with the new search which I also copied below.

Filters

Search filters allow you to quickly search for a specific type of content. The following search filters are available:

• Addresses
  • Attachments
  • Dates
  • Email addresses
  • Checkboxes
  • PDF files
  • Presentations
  • Images
  • Lists
  • Phone numbers
  • Tables
  • URLs
  • Webclips

Screenshot (122).png

• Like 5
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Stacey said:

Is it possible to search for notes that use the checkbox? I see that I can search for notes with checklists, but I want to know if I can search for notes that have checkboxes in them. Thanks. 

Search  todo:  returns both checkboxes and checklists (edit: search tested on a Mac)

Background
This is a single enml element (<en-todo checked="....")
The difference for checklists is this element appears in a list

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DTLow Thanks for that. I just realized that I had the vocabulary in my initial question reversed (which really complicates things for others reading this after that fact...apologies). There is a filter that can be applied to search for Checkboxes (great!). Now I want to know if I can search for checklists. As you correctly point out, the todo: search parameter will pull checkboxes. Do you know if there is a way to use a search parameter for finding lists (which the new checklist is a version of?). I don't see an option in the advanced search parameter list. 

This leads into a related question if one can search for numbered or bulleted lists as well?