[Fixed in Version 10.0.2] Non-English language settings (iOS Settings) causing crashing or delayed startup

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

• Level 5

@Marc-ch Thank you for reaching out!

To clarify, you're setting your phone's language to German, correct?

I was unable to reproduce what you described, but want to make sure I'm testing correctly.

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

I have the same problem on my wife's iPhone 8. We updated to iOS 14 and Evernote 10.0. The app always crashed immediately after trying to open it.

The iPhone language setting was set to German (Switzerland) and the preferred order of languages was set to 1. Swiss German and 2. German. 

After putting German first, Evernote opened without any problems.

Weird behaviour! At least she can use Evernote again on her iPhone.

Thanks for your help, @Marc-ch

I've found an odd solution in another thread:

The iPhone language setting was set to German (Switzerland) and the preferred order of languages was set to 1. Swiss German and 2. German. 

Weird behaviour! At least my wife can use Evernote again on her iPhone 8.

6 minutes ago, t.wiediger said:

I've found an odd solution in another thread:

Weird behaviour! At least my wife can use Evernote again on her iPhone 8.

Ok that works. In "preferred language order" if I have English first and then my language then Evernote starts just fine. If I change it back it crashes.

• Level 5

@t.wiediger @Binnih Thank you for letting us know!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround, but am sorry to hear that you're having trouble with German language selection in the general.

We're further investigating into this issue, and I'll follow-up once I know more.

@Todd O. Are you experiencing a general crash issue also? Do you use German, or any other language selections?

Let me know as this will help us as we further investigate. 

9 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

@t.wiediger @Binnih Thank you for letting us know!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround, but am sorry to hear that you're having trouble with German language selection in the general.

We're further investigating into this issue, and I'll follow-up once I know more.

@Todd O. Are you experiencing a general crash issue also? Do you use German, or any other language selections?

Let me know as this will help us as we further investigate. 

@Shane D. My language is not German, it is Icelandic.

• Thanks 1

Hello.

I am on Iphone 12, IOS crashes often after opened
My first language is ENglish, But I have French and Japanese on the phone.
Same settings on the Ipad and both same versions 10.0.2 but no crash on ipad.

On the iPhone, when I open the app.
I just have to wait few seconds and the app will crash, no other button pressed.

• Level 5
  • Solution

@Mr Pingouino 

Thank you for reaching out!

On your iPhone 12, did you start off on 10.0.1. and then update to 10.0.2.? Or, did you start off with 10.0.2.?

If you updated from 10.0.1. to 10.0.2., could you try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if the crashing issue still occurs?

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 10:49 PM, Shane D. said:

@Marc-ch  @VDo @Binnih  @t.wiediger @Todd O.

We believe the most recent version, 10.0.2., should fix this issue.

Can you confirm that the issue no longer occurs after you update to this version?

Just did that, for now it looks like this is no more crashing. Will update that post if this comes back.
Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Fixed in Version 10.0.2] Non-English language settings (iOS Settings) causing crashing or delayed startup
  • Shane D. locked this topic
  • Shane D. unpinned this topic