Annotate PDFs: no zoom in / out possible

stocky2605

Idea

24 replies to this idea

Just opened evernote on my ipad after a while and the fact I can no longer zoom in my pdf to read them AND annotate them at the same time makes the app almost useless to me...please, please, please, restore the functions we had before this update.

• Like 4
On 1/28/2021 at 7:25 PM, Vanessa_Wien said:

Just opened evernote on my ipad after a while and the fact I can no longer zoom in my pdf to read them AND annotate them at the same time makes the app almost useless to me...please, please, please, restore the functions we had before this update.

Same here, evernote please!

• Like 3
On 1/29/2021 at 12:25 AM, Vanessa_Wien said:

I agree.  pdf annotate on iPad is now useless.

• Like 2

Any progress in this case? Without this PDF zoom feature this is totally useless for me and my colleagues.

We can't set notes on floor plan PDF's when it's tiny and you are not able to make it any bigger.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

Vote! Vote! Vote! Vote!  🤪

(using the arrow up at the top of this thread)

I would be happy to if I thought it made any difference in Evernote’s development priorities. 🙂

This is one of the features I moved to premium. It's really important because it allows me to be effective at doing research. It allows me to keep everything within a single application and it allows me to work from any device. In my perspective not have the annotations feature working as it used to hurts Evernote, the power users requiring this feature will have a bad taste, while others will simply move to another app 🙁. It really would be nice seeing coming back...and why not maybe even improved in some other regards --like having sticky notes available.

Same here, just switched from Onenote as it is a terrible software to discover I can't annotate while zoom on PDF. I use to download PDF books/manuals and then studying writing notes and highlighting the bits I need, like a real book. Evernote is useless as it is for me, and I have just paid for one year :(

The PDF zoom feature on Android devices  was excellent and satisfying until about 6 months ago.

How come, it was changed to be useless now and never been fixed ever since!! I won't renew my subscription until this is fixed

A workaround for users meanwhile: I am downloading the PDFs from Evernote and open them from the Download section of my Android devices via Acrobat Reader. 

• Like 1

Sorry, don't agree. The control-roll zoom feature works with a PDF. However, you can not zoom back in on the notes. It's a bug. 

The workaround, listed by someone else, was to drag in a new PDF, and then zoom in on that. I found that if I deleted that particular note, the text in all my other notes became microfiche again. It's a bug.

• Confused 1
  • Level 5

First we are here in the iOS subforum. Control-roll zoom means what on my iPhone? I pinch to zoom.

Second I can zoom when watching a pdf. I can’t zoom when the pdf is opened in annotation mode. This is the title of this thread, and I am not aware of a change. 

Current version is EN iOS 10.10 on iOS 14.6.

• Thanks 1

Version 10.15.6 for Mac.

I used to right click pdfs and use zoom out to scale them within the notes.  This is now not available.  Is this the feature people here are complaining is missing?  Can we have it back please?  Or is there a workaround?  It's difficult to read the text associated with each image.