Hamburger menu disappears when navigating to the trash

I took the jump and updated both to iOS14 and the new Evernote client.  Part of me is not surprised people are finding bugs so quickly and we all know this goes with the turf.  That said, I do feel this bug could have been easily been discovered before release.

So when I navigate to my trash, I have no way of getting back.  the hamburger menu in the lower left hand corner disappears.

I tried going through the other tabs and the Trash is the only tab that makes the navigation (and search icon) disappear.

I’m on iOS14 on an iPadPro (2018)

Evernote - navigation hamburger disappears in Trash.png

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, chinarut said:

So when I navigate to my trash, I have no way of getting back.  the hamburger menu in the lower left hand corner disappears.

I'm not seeing this in my installation

btw  I can drag the sidebar from the left margin   
         I don't need the hamburger menu

23 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm not seeing this in my installation

btw  I can drag the sidebar from the left margin   
         I don't need the hamburger menu

which iPad and version of iPadOS are you on? (EDIT: I’m just seeing you are on an iPadPro with iPadOS14.b5 in your sig)

I tried to drag from the left margin and notes start “disappearing” (see screenshot)

13 hours ago, annah said:

@chinarut Sorry to hear about this. Can you confirm whether or not you use an external keyboard with your iPad?

I have a Folio keyboard attached.

I just force quit the app and went back to the trash and I can reproduce the error without a keyboard attached.

In fact, when I am in the trash and I select a note, a virtual keyboard attempts to pop up and slides away immediately taking the hamburger menu and magnifying glass with it.

EDIT: my workaround of force quitting the app is fine for now.  I don’t visit the trash that often :)

810A8DCF-B401-4C1C-8F06-14DB2AF66678.png

Edited by chinarut