saffie111

ANSWERED Multiples of the (same) note is created, when creating one note

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Evernote version to this new version in iOS.

If I create a new note and start typing, multiple new notes with the same content will be created.

A Note Conflict message will be in the header portion of some of the new repeated notes that were created.

Full specs: I created these notes on the iPad Pro, rather than on the iPhone.

Input method: Apple Keyboard, via Bluetooth.

May I know what seems to be the problem?

• Thanks 3

Hi All,

We've seen a few reports regarding this issue, and have been able to reproduce it.

Please continue to add your reports here if you encounter this issue.

I'll follow-up here once we have an update.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Thanks 1

Same here.  There is a new copy of the note created with every pause of my typing on the original note.

Same here on iPad Pro. Each copy is a progression of the edit that is being undertaken - as if there is a bug in the process of syncing the note during an edit. 

• Like 1

I'm experiencing it too.  It happened after seeing the "Note conflict. A copy of this note was made" notice appeared at the top of my iOS app. I now have 9 copies of the note 😳

I should have thought of that. I just deleted the app and replaced - involving logging in again - and the issue seems to be fixed too

Having  thousands of notes to nbe kepft offline,  seems to be n ot an fix to uninstall and re-install ;  especially if the offline takes several hours (  for me,  14 Gb  and after 7 hours ,less than  1.5 Gb  doewnloaded ).

how long will it take to have a decent 10.1 version? editing and interface is now great ,  but the other issues (  speed,,  multiple notes , offline) are roadblocks 

I upgraded to the new version. I can’t create a note correctly if Evernote is open on > 1 device, by the looks of it. After several attempts at pasting content into a note, and then having it reset to a blank “Untitled” note, I went over to a Mac and did it there.

The new UI, but I’m talking about faults in basic functionality, and it doesn’t look like some freaky edge case to me. I would rather have the old UI that actually can create and sync notes, than this new UI that cannot.

Other issues:

1. The app freezes when adding a new note.

2. Keyboard shortcuts have gone. 

3. Trackpad support seems to be broken: there are UI elements that cannot be accessed with a trackpad (scrolled off screen).

By the way, my account here might be new, but my actual Evernote account is not. June 2009 and premium from day one, so hopefully that counts for something.

I've had the same issue. Editing an existing note on iOS 10.0 version resulted in 40 duplicate copies. I was trying to attach a PDF to the note. 

Same here, I got 6 copies of the same note. It seems like note versioning isn't working correctly. Each edit is creating a new note rather than a new version of the current note.

I have also run into this issue on iPhone and iPad. As I edit a note, Evernote periodically creates a duplicate.

Evernote is also open on my Mac in the background — I’ll check whether quitting the Mac version has any effect and report back.

Edit: looks like the problem occurs even if I quit Evernote on Mac.

Edited by Rufus M
Checked whether problem occurs if Evernote for Mac is not running.

I have had the same issue when editing a note on iphone with the newest version of Evernote. 

On 9/17/2020 at 12:43 PM, Ken said:

Same here on iPad Pro. Each copy is a progression of the edit that is being undertaken - as if there is a bug in the process of syncing the note during an edit. 

Same here on an Ipad pro 12,9” on ios 13.7. Happens with text as well as with sketches

Seems like every time I edit the note, three more copies are spawned. But that’s not even the worst part: I can’t get rid of the alert at the top of the original note telling me that a conflict has resulted in the note being copied. I’ve tried clicking the “x” to close the window, manually syncing The note, and a hard reboot of the app. Nothing works, and I have no idea what the point of the “view note” link is, as it just reloads the note. I finally copied the content of the note and made a fresh version, which of course, sacrifices the original creation time stamp. 
420A0A3F-B061-4E3A-85A0-17D69C416F29.thumb.jpeg.315ade3af7423967a2e10d2b777ea66b.jpeg

I’m having the same issue. I have 59 different versions of the same note I was editing over the course of about twenty minutes. 🙃 Definitely like the new UI but the duplicate notes make it rough to use.

Same here. I have to finish editing a note then log on to my mac client and delete all the dupes. Quite frustrating!

Today I had the problem as well and have no idea why. A very small note, text only, created on the go (no WiFi). 

IMG_2467.thumb.PNG.b7106755c45ef69db44a6bbda590240b.PNG

一小時前, ecford說:

Same here. At least 10 copies of a new note I edited. 

Me as well.

Same here.

If I create or edit a note on my iPhone or my iPad, it apparently syncs WHILE I AM TYPING in a note, creating multiple duplicates.

Also, neither app takes the top line of the note to make it the title, like it used to.

Also, I don’t find a setting to NOT automatically convert dashes into bullets anymore (although by being very careful, you can do a single backspace after the auto convert to change back to a dash).

After an Edit, There seems to a green check (top left corner), if you touch the check, it changes to <, touch the < twice  and note will close, seems to eliminate duplicate notes. Maybe this is new ver 10.0

Logout and then log in again definitely fixed it for me - after multiple duplicates occurred with every note edit on the iPhone. 

31 minutes ago, pedrofuhrer said:

Same issue here using an iPhone while trying to edit a note.

Tried to logoff and login to see if it fixes, but got the same annoying issue.

Hoping to get an updated version soon.

Thanks guys.

Yep - still a problem for me after all. Frustrating indeed!

This is a MAJOR bug. Why can’t the Evernote team give us an update on the situation and when it will be fixed? That’s customer relations 101. All we have so far is one short note from last week acknowledging that the problem exists  

36 分鐘前, weidnet說:

This is a MAJOR bug. Why can’t the Evernote team give us an update on the situation and when it will be fixed? That’s customer relations 101. All we have so far is one short note from last week acknowledging that the problem exists  

They just say in response to individual Twitter that "asap".

As more and more users disappoint with no actions done, Evernote should release a blog article or Twitter to acknowledge. This time they fail to (they are unwilling to) do this.

Their ignorance seems like implying that "I got your money and paid an effort for a big new product, so what?".