[Fixed in Version 10.2] Work Chat on new iOS/iPadOS version - Massive Problem

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Work Chat on the iPad and iPhone reloads the entire string of messages going back to whenever that thread first started, every single time you go out of chat and come back in, whether from a Notebook note or going to a different app and coming back.  Some of my Work Chat discussions go back to 2016.  This is totally unacceptable and beyond frustrating!

The iPad version has frozen now and won’t let me enter any text in the chat box. I’ve hard closed and restarted the app, but chat is still frozen.  IPhone version is still usable, but has a very long lag before posted messages show up.  Same with iPad, before it froze.  We use Work Chat all day, so this is a big problem.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@HRM Thank you for letting us know!

I'm currently further investigating into this issue and may reach out to you directly via private message to get more information and activity logs.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

• Like 1

Yes, the new Evernote appears to be unusable in the current format.

The sorting does not work at all

Difficult to use, navigation is confusing and clumsy.

It duplicated a notebook I had about 20 times - I had no idea it was doing it - I did not ask for it to duplicate even once.

I can't find my documents .. inconsistent.  One time they show up and another time (more often than not) I can't find them.

I need serious help .. would love to switch back to previous version if at all possible.

A private message/help would be welcomed.

Edited by Dennis W
added a note re: my willingness to work with helper.
  • Ex Employees
On 9/16/2020 at 9:31 AM, HRM said:

Work Chat on the iPad and iPhone reloads the entire string of messages going back to whenever that thread first started, every single time you go out of chat and come back in, whether from a Notebook note or going to a different app and coming back.  Some of my Work Chat discussions go back to 2016.  This is totally unacceptable and beyond frustrating!

The iPad version has frozen now and won’t let me enter any text in the chat box. I’ve hard closed and restarted the app, but chat is still frozen.  IPhone version is still usable, but has a very long lag before posted messages show up.  Same with iPad, before it froze.  We use Work Chat all day, so this is a big problem.

@HRM We are currently working on a progressive loading of Work chat so that it doesn't crash the app. It will be resolved in our upcoming releases. Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

A related problem:

All shared notebooks are empty. In the desktop app, readding them helped. In the iOS app, scrolling up in work chat does not work, after 1 or 2 secs, it scrolls down again. So I can access the shares on top of the chat. Resharing them does not work so I am stuck with this and can't work with previous shared notebooks at all.

• Shane D. changed the title to [Version 10.1] Work Chat on new iOS/iPadOS version - Massive Problem
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Fixed in Version 10.2] Work Chat on new iOS/iPadOS version - Massive Problem
  • Shane D. locked this topic
  • Shane D. unpinned this topic