Missing Evernote icon in taskbar

• Level 5*

Hi.  Which version of Windows?

Basic Windows stuff.  Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote and find Evernote.exe.  Right click and choose 'send to desktop' (create shortcut).  If you then right click the new icon you may be able to 'pin to start' or drag and drop the shortcut elsewhere.

Thanks. Windows 10.0.18362.

I tried your idea already but I just get a generic Windows icon rather than the true Evernote icon. Please note, this is not a major problem and does not affect usability. It's just odd and my orderly mind would like it fixed.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  It works for me... maybe that shortcut needs to be used so that the correct icon 'registers' with Windows.  You could try uninstall / restart / reinstall to fix the issue,  but if its no big deal,  that seems an extreme response...

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

You did notice when posting that this thread was silent for a year - a year in which there were roughly 25 releases rolled out ?

So talking about "the last EN update ..." is like talking about a specific drop of water in a downpour. You mean that drop, but nobody else will be able to see it. Please be more precise about the setup, and what exactly is the problem.

• Level 5

Sounds to me like an installation problem, one of these things that go wrong with this monster registry that controls Windows 10.

Probably a clean uninstall (using an app like Revo Uninstaller) and a fresh install from the EN website will return the icon.

I'm getting the same issue and Daniel (Win10).  About 2 updates ago the icon in the dock turned into a blank document icon.  I was hoping the new update that just got pushed would update it.  No luck.  I'll uninstall and I guess that should correct it.

Yep.  Reinstalling it was needed to get the icon back.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Daniel Vartanian said:

this took months to resolve

So maybe it was the next update that fixed it?  If your worst problem is that you got the icon back unexpectedly,   it looks like Evernote is doing pretty well...