Local Evernote will not sync with web Evernote

I had to uninstall Evernote from my PC. I have reinstalled it, but it does not sync with the web. Do I need to tell the local version where the web version is? How do I do that? If not, how do I get the local version to find the web version?

Please note that my PC is listed as a recognized device in my account online.

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, SusB said:

Do I need to tell the local version where the web version is? How do I do that? If not, how do I get the local version to find the web version?

Make sure you login with the correct userid and password

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, SusB said:

Do you mean log into the web Evernote? I am. I've only ever had one account.

Both web and PC   
Make sure you login with the same userid on both devices

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no difference in my IDs from when I had Evernote on before. The only difference is that I uninstalled and reinstalled it. (I had to send my computer off for a simple repair and didn't want to send my notes too.) 

Can anyone suggest how to get the notes off the web and onto my PC?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, SusB said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no difference in my IDs from when I had Evernote on before. The only difference is that I uninstalled and reinstalled it. (I had to send my computer off for a simple repair and didn't want to send my notes too.) 

Can anyone suggest how to get the notes off the web and onto my PC?

If you logged into the PC account with the same credentials you use on the web,  the app should automatically download a copy of the server database - your online notes - onto your local PC.  If that's not happening,  then something very odd is getting in the way.  Maybe try logging out of and uninstalling your PC copy,  restarting your system and reinstalling from Evernote.com?

Well, I'll be. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (same version), and it immediately downloaded the notes from the web. "

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

For some of us, Evernote is sufficiently advanced, I guess!

Thanks for all your help.

• Haha 1