Images not rendering (Windos,Web,Android,iOS)

Apostolos686

Idea

15 replies to this idea

Since Android update 26 Nov. All images in notes are not showing and message says they cannot be rendered properly. As I use Evernote to store important documents as images this is disastrous for me.

Some images are still visible as thumbnails in card view but not showing in the actual notes.

Same here on my Windows 10 version of Evernote 10.4.4 (with Premium account). I installed just now and all images cannot be rendered properly and .pdf-documents don't show up. Still works on my android phone. What is wrong here? Need help (as do many I presume) because much of my content is image-based. Thanks.

This is happening to me now as well on Mac. I try to import a jpeg image and will see: "Unable to render this type of image". Definitely seems like a bug as evernote had no problem rendering jpgs in the past (and certainly shouldn't). I am on Evernote 10.5.7 and macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

On 9/15/2020 at 1:21 AM, Apostolos686 said:

Some of my attachments (images) "could not be rendered properly", regardless of the the device I am using. Some images in the same note might be visible and some might not be.

Any helpful tips?

Thanks a lot

Why arent they fixing the bugs the app has. It is not all about puting new features in. It is a note taking up, you dont need all the fancy functions. But you do need to be able to see the ***** images you upload. I am really disappointed it still has not been fixed.

• Like 1

Some images (in Evenrote notes) that are perfectly viewable in Windows 10 (Evernote v10.6.9) both in the Win App as via the browser, are NOT visible in my Samsung s10 (Evernote v10.4). A "warning triangle" and size of file show up inste. I suspect it means that images below a certain size are not displayed - which would be really harmful for daily use of Evernote on my smartphone! Please fix this bug or explain workaround!

• Like 1

I have found a very inconvenient work around that might help some. I have the same issue here on Android (but not on Windows). The issue has caused such disruption and the total lack of support means I am now looking at viable alternatives and probably not be renewing my subscription next year. Nevertheless (grumble over) The issue was first noticed after upgrading to Evernote V10.4. All images are gone (but still present in Windows). My work around is to open any document with missing images in Windows, copy the content and paste into a new document - note: a duplicate document did not work for me. With seven years work and thousands of documents jeopardised, that's probably the end for me with Evernotes but hopefully some of you might find the above useful. 

• Like 4

I'm using Evernote on an android device and the same thing happened to me, on all my notes (apart from the ones post update) it said 'unable to render this type of image' I made sure everything was backed up on my laptop, uninstalled Evernote from my phone, then reinstalled. It all seems to be working now with the images restored. I hope this helps.