peterlemer

is it possible to sort within note?

I use a masterlist of urgent jobs in a single note, and would like to sort that list. Is it possible?

1 hour ago, peterlemer said:

I use a masterlist of urgent jobs in a single note, and would like to sort that list. Is it possible?

No; sorting note contents is not supported by Evernote    

My work-around is to use a third party product/editor to sort   
The screenshot shows the WordService utility on my Mac369918073_ScreenShot2020-09-14at11_10_02AM.png.2b42d352e157025e0a97de0ff7b9a7c4.png

There's a feature request posted at how-to-sort-the-text-within-a-note/   
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

1 hour ago, peterlemer said:

how do I add Services to Evernote?

1. Download the WordService app at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wordservice/id899972312?mt=12

2. Access Services at Apple > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts 1681957290_ScreenShot2020-09-14at3_53_44PM.png.fae382273d9a77c580e64518326b37dd.pngand check the services you want active

3. In Evernote, select text. right-click > Services

DTLow, many thanks 🙂 I already have Wordservice on my mac and when I use it I get the attached alert.

After about 10 secs, the list does sort, so I'm on my way - although I lose all my formatting and checkboxes so will have to adapt my design

cheers, very helpful! 🙂

pete

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 17.47.45.png

8 minutes ago, peterlemer said:

I already have Wordservice on my mac and when I use it I get the attached alert.

Did you download the app from the App Store?

I have no memory of downloading it. Is it possible that when I trialled Devonthink a few years ago, it was downloaded then as part of the install package?

Ill install from the app store, and if that causes a problem, I'll unistall devonthink

pete

Success! It works well, thanks DTLow

the fresh install did it

cheers

pete