Styles menu coming to the app?

All these years later, still waiting for support for styles in Evernote, and I find that they are implemented on the web version only.

...Who uses the web version?

If I wanted to use a webpage for this, I'd use Google Keep or Apple Notes or something like that. I basically pay Evernote for everything to be local.

I also realize now that super/subscript and strikethrough are available on the app, but I didn't know it, because there's no UI button. I suspect that's the case with headings as well. Why?

Surely it's not a big job to put a couple UI elements into the toolbar that link up to features that clearly are already implemented on the back end, right?

• Level 5*
On 9/12/2020 at 1:19 AM, abatty said:

All these years later, still waiting for support for styles in Evernote, and I find that they are implemented on the web version only

The web version is where they were initially test driving the editor changes.  As @DTLow mentions, these have now been rolled out to the beta clients.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, but those are not really styles. Those are character formatting options.

When I say "style," I'm talking about heading styles, paragraph styles, etc. The only thing in that menu that qualifies as a style is the code block (which is a welcome addition; don't get me wrong).

If the headers are available in the beta client, perhaps I'll switch to that channel. I've been using Evernote for over 10 years, and have wanted this for that long. I recently tried to switch to OneNote, but although it has many more text options, it really is more focused on taking actual notes, not a repository of information, which is what Evernote is. The Evernote organization options blow everything else away, too. Finally, for some reason, the OneNote web clipper now seems to take a screenshot of webpages you clip, which is precisely the last thing I ever want ever in my life ever. I want the text; why would I want a picture of text?

I'll check out the beta client. After trying to use OneNote for a bit (as well as various iOS things like Notability), it's clear I'm an Evernote guy and that's that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the Evernote Tab in Teams and the Mac App for some of my work. Unfortunately I can't use heading styles to help structure my thoughts for notebooks that aren't on Teams. Any idea when an updated Mac client will be coming that has feature-parity with the web version?

I have been admitted to the beta program, but haven't been given any betas. I've also switched to the beta channel on my Mac client updates, but still no styles menu like the web client...

This is very disappointing.

• Level 5*
On 9/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, Eponymous Ben said:

Any idea when an updated Mac client will be coming that has feature-parity with the web version?

Evernote is starting to roll out their version 10 technology    
Currently IOS, and we're told in the coming weeks for the other platforms