I'm using EN-for-Windows also, v 6.25.1, what are you using?

I'm not experiencing your issue, everything is working fine for me.  Even if i have a note that is unsynced I'm still able to annotate images within.

However I do always lose the 'annotate option' on images copy-pasted to existing notes, where that image was created from a screen capture of part of a web-page, using my Google Chrome Extension: FireShot.  Perhaps this is your issue also. If it is, I think swapping extensions/addons may be the answer... As I've noticed that the Chrome 'Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder' extension, works fine when pasting a screenshot image from clipboard.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, LauraMatt22 said:

I'm in Windows. I can't annotate any images. I right click like I'm supposed to. No option for annotation. Very frustrated.

So if you right click on an image your don't get the contextual menu?  Are you on the Windows desktop beta?

Image.png.a72cf5c4496235621671dcf532a8642c.png

• 2 weeks later...

I use Evernote Windows and it has the following behavior:

• If I insert material using the Web Clipper, all images included in a article do not present the contextual menu that allows annotation & editing
  • If I download image to my PC then paste (or drag) into the note, the contextual menu with the annotation options appear.

What would be nice is to have images included in material clipped from the Web also present the annotation contextual menu.

4 hours ago, plcoelho said:
  • If I insert material using the Web Clipper, all images included in a article do not present the contextual menu that allows annotation & editing
  • If I download image to my PC then paste (or drag) into the note, the contextual menu with the annotation options appear.

What would be nice is to have images included in material clipped from the Web also present the annotation contextual menu.

I'm using the latest version of:  EN-for-Windows 6.25.1, Google Chrome 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit), and EN Web Clipper for Chrome 7.13.1.  I just tested doing 3 types of webpage clippings:  -ARTICLE,  -SIMPLIFIED ARTICLE,  & FULL PAGE... on a random website and the EN-Clipper, or resulting EN-Notes allowed me to annotate images in all 3 clip-types successfully.

Maybe it's something else on your system/setup, or mine, that results in the EN-behaviour you're experiencing.