How can I keep stacks even when there are no notebooks in them?

AlunE

I am constantly moving notebooks from  different stacks due to the type of work I do for organizational purposes.  Is there any way I can "anchor" or "lock" a stack so that it doesn't delete when I remove the last notebook from it?  I am finding myself having to create new stacks all the time with the same name.....Thanks!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, AlunE said:

I am constantly moving notebooks from  different stacks due to the type of work I do for organizational purposes.  Is there any way I can "anchor" or "lock" a stack so that it doesn't delete when I remove the last notebook from it?  I am finding myself having to create new stacks all the time with the same name.....Thanks!

As Henny Youngman would say, "Don't delete that last notebook".  Probably not the answer you want but it is about all you can do today.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, AlunE said:

Is there any way I can "anchor" or "lock" a stack so that it doesn't delete when I remove the last notebook from it?

No   
There is no actual stack entity - it's a comment field on the notebook record

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No   
There is no actual stack entity - it's a comment field on the notebook record

Moot to this discussion but not exactly right int entity - relationship terms.  There is a stack entity that has a one to many relationship with notebooks.  I don't know how EN decided to make it physical be it a field in the notebook record or a simple table someplace.  Semantics I suppose.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, CalS said:

There is a stack entity that has a one to many relationship with notebooks.  I don't know how EN decided to make it physical be it a field in the notebook record or a simple table someplace.

Documentation at https://dev.evernote.com/support/glossary.php709370784_ScreenShot2020-09-02at8_19_22AM.png.53b41ca12b3afd5dcbc47b18c1addf57.png

The screenshot is from my Mac, showing records/fields of the Notebook table
This is where the stack information is recorded; I've not found any other stack reference
When the notebook record is deleted, the stack reference is gone2071435100_ScreenShot2020-09-01at4_37_57PM.png.4e9802d9087de65b1684e04fbfaa297f.png