(Archived) Feature - Notebook Drawers/Categories

I Use Evernote to keep track of business and personal events. I'd like to see an option to create Notebook Categories and sub-categories so I can create a business group, then a container for each client under that, and then all the note for each client, etc.

Some sort of node-based linking / flowchart system would be awesome also

• Level 5
milieux wrote

I Use Evernote to keep track of business and personal events. I'd like to see an option to create Notebook Categories and sub-categories so I can create a business group, then a container for each client under that, and then all the note for each client, etc.

Some sort of node-based linking / flowchart system would be awesome also

1.) Don't think you will see sub-notebooks in Evernote in the near future

2.) Same with Flow-charts - best option is to use a program written specifically for flow-charting

You can accomplish what you want with Tags and the search feature.

Take Ford for example - create a business group tag called Automobiles and a 2nd tag called Ford.

This will let you find all notes for the Auto industry or all notes specifically for Ford

I know this topic has been discussed many times but tags will NOT do everything that folders/sub notebooks will do. Right off the bat they add an extra step in filing items. I like just dumping things into folders where I know I can look for them later. Using tags requires me to put an item somewhere and then select an appropriate tag. I see the value of tags for refining my searching but don't dismiss the sub notebook requests just because you don't need them. This is still the single feature keeping EN from being absolutely perfect for me... I have to settle for just perfect.

Hugh

Archived