Evernote Business Model

Hi Evernote Team,

I love Evernote. I've used it for many years. I use it every day, on my Mac and Android device. It is open constantly, used constantly and organizes my life. I have over 1000 notes. I manage a team and several members of the team use it too. All in all its a tremendous product, that adds a great deal of value to my work life and to theirs. I use it primarily for business and the price tag for Premium is easily affordable. Last year having used it so much I purchased a premium subscription as I felt that I wanted to contribute and hopefully would end up using some of the premium features.

This year, I cancelled that subscription. Why? There is nothing wrong with the product. We can afford it. I am getting great value from it. I want to pay you guys for your hard work, I really do. But there is absolutely nothing in the Premium offering that I need. Once my subscription was switched off a few months ago, I haven't missed it. This is hardly a complaint - I'm getting great free software from you. I simply don't understand - why don't you do something to make me pay for your hard work? We pay for Slack and for lots of other apps across the team (and started doing so much earlier than we even tried to with Evernote). I could just choose to pay as I like what you do so much, but its hard to bring myself to do that when I get everything I actually use for free. Even the offers you send, they just don't cut it - its not about the price, its about the value of the Premium offering.

Anyway thanks for a wonderful product. I hope this feedback is helpful.

Kind regards,

Kevin

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Kevin PKM said:

But there is absolutely nothing in the Premium offering that I need.

A plan comparison is documented Here

Personally I need the increased note size limit, and monthly upload limit    
and benefit from other features 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Kevin PKM said:

Hi Evernote Team,

I love Evernote. I've used it for many years. I use it every day, on my Mac and Android device. It is open constantly, used constantly and organizes my life. I have over 1000 notes. I manage a team and several members of the team use it too. All in all its a tremendous product, that adds a great deal of value to my work life and to theirs. I use it primarily for business and the price tag for Premium is easily affordable. Last year having used it so much I purchased a premium subscription as I felt that I wanted to contribute and hopefully would end up using some of the premium features.

This year, I cancelled that subscription. Why? There is nothing wrong with the product. We can afford it. I am getting great value from it. I want to pay you guys for your hard work, I really do. But there is absolutely nothing in the Premium offering that I need. Once my subscription was switched off a few months ago, I haven't missed it. This is hardly a complaint - I'm getting great free software from you. I simply don't understand - why don't you do something to make me pay for your hard work? We pay for Slack and for lots of other apps across the team (and started doing so much earlier than we even tried to with Evernote). I could just choose to pay as I like what you do so much, but its hard to bring myself to do that when I get everything I actually use for free. Even the offers you send, they just don't cut it - its not about the price, its about the value of the Premium offering.

Anyway thanks for a wonderful product. I hope this feedback is helpful.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Sounds like your use case fits inside the 60 MB/month limit sync limit.  Good for you. 

I'm with @DTLow I put everything into EN so the 60MB doesn't cut it.  More like 500 MB to 1 GB per month.  And I use the email to EN function daily and the history function from time to time,  And I don't mind paying for something that adds value to me.

You don't say what feature(s) would compel you to subscribe?  Or I guess they could eliminate the free tier, that would be doing something.   ;)

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Kevin PKM said:

why don't you do something to make me pay for your hard work?

I started subscribing a long time ago on the basis that if Evernote didn't make any money,  this nice service would not exist.  The fact that you don;t use the Premium extras is irrelevant.  If you like using the service at all,  it's wise to contribute so that you can continue to do so...

• Like 1