Sharing a Note through email, Evernote is now sending to each email address separately instead of a group email

Scott32
Go to solution Solved by Scott T.,

Idea

When I always shared a note, (Share; Send a Copy...) it would send to all participants in a group email.  Now it suddenly sending to all participants on separate emails.  How can I get it back to sending to all email participants in one group email?

17 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees
  • Solution

@CalS Yes, we are in the process of migrating all the email sending to a new system. We were just turning it on and had a few issues. It's been disabled for now until we address the problems.

• Ex Employees

@MrWagstaff Ahh, that's helpful. I thought we were still talking about emails. A while back we updated the editor/viewer that is used by the share note page from a really old version to the one utilized in all of the newer clients. Part of the redesign was to set a fixed width of the editor. I believe this came from UX research that shows that readability is reduced when you have super-wide columns of text. A similar change was made in the editor within the clients, though in those cases, we have a button to disable it and allow the editor to increase to the full size of the window.

I believe we want to update the shared note viewer again soon. I'll get a ticket in about whether we can implement the same option to allow flipping between Fit To Window and Optimize Readability.

I have a problem since today when I`m sending an email from EVERNOTE

Until last week the recipients seeing an email 

answer toMY NAME<MY EMAIL
was sent from : mailbox.evernote.com
signed from: evernote.com

NOW they receive an email

was sent from : bounce.evernote.com
signed from: messages.evernote.com

MY QUESTIONS
  1. from >>> Why my name is replaced?
  2. answer to >>> Why my email is replaced?
IS THIS AN ERROR??

0.png

01.png

Same here. I have multiple Evernote users emailing me their notes and everything comes in from Evernote. There is no way to identify who is sending what. Prior to this I noticed (on the 12th August) that the subject line was being changed to read 'Evernote' followed by my subject line. That was an unwelcome imposition. This is what makes me feel very uneasy about using Evernote. I hope they put things back to where it was before they messed it up  because its causing chaos. 

It appears to have been restored back to where it was before it was broken. I hope it stays this way, we rely heavily on this specific feature. 

Now if the shared notes width issue (wider shared notes and notes with tables get forced into an unusable narrow screen) got fixed id be a happy user again. Going off track a bit here but the theme is the same: Establish a process with a feature of Evernote.......Evernote makes a change and destroys hours of work when that function no longer works. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

Hi @Scott32 Thank you for the bug report. I have filed an internal ticket for the issue and I'll make sure our developers look into it.

Hey Scott are you seeing the other email topics that have popped up in the last few days.  Could be related to some install.

• Level 5*
Just now, Scott T. said:

@CalS Yes, we are in the process of migrating all the email sending to a new system. We were just turning it on and had a few issues. It's been disabled for now until we address the problems.

Thanks for the info.

• Ex Employees
11 minutes ago, MrWagstaff said:

Now if the shared notes width issue (wider shared notes and notes with tables get forced into an unusable narrow screen) got fixed id be a happy user again. Going off track a bit here but the theme is the same: Establish a process with a feature of Evernote.......Evernote makes a change and destroys hours of work when that function no longer works. 

Can you share a screenshot of this issue? Or give a bit more details on how I can create an example? I'll be happy to get this in a ticket if I have a reproduceable example.

Thanks. It would be a massive relief to get this issue fixed and restore faith in the usability of all (not just small) shared notes.  It used to be the case that any note i created in Evernote could be viewed full screen in a browser window.  Then one day everything changed.

This is a link to an unedited note (apart from the title) created from Evernotes template gallery. https://www.evernote.com/l/AF2Wl_ODQO1PsoEl0yOX3_l--2ha-qxWfkI/

What is happening on Sunday? 

This is a mild example.

This might help: Check this example of how that redesign affected readability. https://www.evernote.com/l/AF2U2zfb0FxFtIxmGwn-GYo5Cds3ED3SuSM/ Row no.4 would be a good starting point. 

The old viewer worked perfectly until the redesign. Overnight dozens of notes shared with my clients became unusable. 

The same note can be viewed with the old viewer which is still ( and i hope will remain) functioning when sharing a Notebook.   https://www.evernote.com/pub/skyacc/sharednotesexamples Obviously it is not practical to create a note book just to share a single note and before the notebook limit was increased, it was not feasible. 

The old viewer worked perfectly until the redesign. Overnight dozens of notes shared with my clients became unusable. 

It seems to me that a fundamental aspect of Evernote, the ability to share notes, should be absolutely failproof. Its not easy sharing notes when one does not know if the recipient is going to be able to view the same thing as was created (notes created on PCs with monitors should be veiwed the same on the recipients PC & monitor). We all know that some things are best viewed on a larger monitor screen and not a phone. 

• Ex Employees

@MrWagstaff Thanks for the additional feedback and examples. I've passed this on to the team. They've put the ticket in their backlog to address, but I can't give any specific date. The team is actively working to help ship the new clients we're working on. I think they plan to address a lot of issues and improvements once we've got those clients out. That includes updating the shared note viewer.