Can't install older version

I upgraded my Evernote last night and safe to say I hate the 'new' appearance. I was using a very old version of Evernote but I massively preferred how it looked.

I found that I could install an older version but it wasn't the one I wanted, so I uninstalled it and downloaded an even older version. Now I can't open it as it says 'version too old' because the local files are managed by a newer version. However, I have uninstalled all versions of evernote completely including library files. I don't understand how the program can say local files are managed by a newer version when there are no local files.

I absolutely do not want to use the current version of Evernote. How do I get around this?

• Level 5*
On 8/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, KayScott said:

However, I have uninstalled all versions of evernote completely including library files.

You need to delete the local database folder
For me, this is 
/Users/DTLow/Library/GroupContainers/Q79WDW8YH9.com.evernote.Evernote/CoreNote/accounts/www.evernote.com/1156250

On 8/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, KayScott said:

I upgraded my Evernote last night and safe to say I hate the 'new' appearance. I was using a very old version of Evernote but I massively preferred how it looked.

I found that I could install an older version but it wasn't the one I wanted, so I uninstalled it and downloaded an even older version. Now I can't open it as it says 'version too old' because the local files are managed by a newer version. However, I have uninstalled all versions of evernote completely including library files. I don't understand how the program can say local files are managed by a newer version when there are no local files.

I absolutely do not want to use the current version of Evernote. How do I get around this?

Hi there,

Which version of Evernote are you installing? Over the years we made changes to where your files are being stored. I might be able to help you more knowing the version you're installing.