Notification to 'review your notes'

Every so often, about once  a week, Evernote will pop a notification like:

"It's been 3 days ...since you reviewed your notes. Check in on them to make sure you're remembering everything"

I have every notification in Evernote I can find disabled and this still comes up.

How can I disable this notification?

Google Pixel 3XL running Android version 10

Evernote 8.13.3

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Also on 8.13.3 but Android 6 (Old Samsung!) and I have never seen this message.  Do you use your Evernote app often?  Don't know if I've ever gone 3 days without opening it for something,  and I'd bet it's never been a whole week - but on the basis that the mobile app doesn't store anything on your device other than recent notes,  why not just uninstall it until you next need it?  A Sync / uninstall / restart / reinstall might actually cure the problem anyway.

(I know Evernote comes pre-installed on some devices - if so,  uninstalling may not be feasible;  but you may have the option to deactivate which should be just as good.)

• 2 weeks later...

This is very annoying. Especially because I'm a fairly heavy user, but mostly on the desktop. So after a week of heavy Evernote use I get this silly message about my notes feeling lonely on my Android phone.

Please make this nonsense optional, limited to free accounts or at very least look at the global activity and not at a single app.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Xenna said:

Please make this nonsense optional

I do use my Evernote a lot,  but there have been stages where it's been dormant for a few days - and I have never seen this message!  There must be an option somewhere,  but I'm blessed if I can find it...  There are some options here - https://www.evernote.com/PersonalSettings.action, plus in the app itself (Tools> Options in Windows,  three dots and Settings in Android) but nothing seems relevant.  Grab a screenshot of the reminder when you next see it,  and try raising this with Support!

There you go. Received another one of these notifications today on my Android phone. Thing is I'm sure I created a note on that phone only yesterday, so it seems these notifications just pop up weekly whatever I do.

I submitted a support ticket and I'll update this thread if I learn more...

evernote-warning.jpg

• Like 1

Well I got a reply from support. They...

• understand my annoyance
  • suggest I disable all notifications (which will disable reminders as well)
  • will pass the suggestion to disable the lonely message notification on to the developers

Fingers crossed...

On 9/6/2020 at 4:29 AM, Xenna said:

There you go. Received another one of these notifications today on my Android phone. Thing is I'm sure I created a note on that phone only yesterday, so it seems these notifications just pop up weekly whatever I do.

I submitted a support ticket and I'll update this thread if I learn more...

evernote-warning.jpg

If you have a relatively recent version of Android, you can long-press the notification and then click on the "Gear" icon (on the top-right of the notification) to view the notification channels. It will highlight in blue which notification channel this note relates to allow you to disable those notifications.

Additionally / alternatively, is it possible you at one point set up a second Evernote account? It may be reminding you of a dormant Evernote account that you don't use.

Edited by Paul A.
changed top-left to top-right
  • Like 3

I'm also having these notifications. Today I got this new kind of notification. See attached image. I really don't want these. I use reminders alot so turning of all notifications is not an option. Please make them optional as soon as possible. They are very annoying.

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 18.51.47.png

21 hours ago, JEnberg said:

I'm also having these notifications. Today I got this new kind of notification. See attached image. I really don't want these. I use reminders alot so turning of all notifications is not an option. Please make them optional as soon as possible. They are very annoying.

Did you see my suggestion, just a couple of comments up? It may help solve your issue. Direct link:

• Like 1

I thought that it would also disable other notifications, like reminders.So l can still have reminders if I disable notifications with the gear?

Btw I also got the message on my iPhone. Would be nice if there were a global setting that could turn it on/off on all devices.