We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
FrancoAngeles

"You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet"

Im an android user and just upgraded my phone

Using "username & password' it will give me an error "you cannot sign in at the moment this is likely caused by a bad connection to the internet" and i have solid internet connection

Using "continue with google" it will give me an error "email is already registered"

I am able to log in on desktop browsers

What i have done so far: restart my device, reinstall app and revoke devices.

Hmmn.  Maybe try uninstall / restart / reinstall again?  There's nothing much else you can do...

I have the same problem. Before reinstallinhg the app, I uninstalled the app from the phone, but the problem is still existing. Any solution please 

On 8/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, Jacob.starsky said:

I have the same problem. Before reinstallinhg the app, I uninstalled the app from the phone, but the problem is still existing. Any solution please 

Hi.  Did you power the phone off and on too?  What version of Android are you using?

Same issue and I tried all the above. This has been an issue in the past however never any solutions (exception is somebody installed an older version and then upgraded it). 

@FrancoAngeles @Jacob.starsky @EINF

Thank you for reaching out, and for letting me know!

To clarify, does this occur when you're using Wi-Fi, cellular, or both?

What country are you located in currently? Do you use a VPN?

Have you noticed connectivity issues with any of your other apps? 

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, FrancoAngeles said:

Im an android user and just upgraded my phone

Using "username & password' it will give me an error "you cannot sign in at the moment this is likely caused by a bad connection to the internet" and i have solid internet connection

Using "continue with google" it will give me an error "email is already registered"

I am able to log in on desktop browsers

What i have done so far: restart my device, reinstall app and revoke devices.

after downloading evernote from play store, download a proxy vpn(free on play store), connect vpn, then try to login into the account. This worked out for me......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Same issue here. Had used VPN, connected via US server, and now it works.

I'm located in Central Europe.

getting the same error.  Upgraded my Android phone.  all other apps work fine.  works on my old phone and pc.  in the US.  no other connectivity issues

I have the same issue with my log in and I have tried uninstalling and installing the app while i also reset my password and when i entered my gmail account it says "email already registered" or "there's a connection problem" ... I don't know what to do ... :(

Both cellular and wifi, USA/MN, no vpn and no other issues

I recently purchased a new phone and when trying to sign in on the Evernote app, I got the error message "You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet". I then remembered the device limit so I logged off the app on my old phone. Still got the message on the new phone. Tried logging BACK IN on the same phone (old phone) that has device permissions. Got the message again! I got onto the web version and checked under "devices" but it says "No devices are associated with this account. You are currently accessing Evernote via web only." So there are no devices to revoke, and it looks like I can now not log in via the app on either device and it has been a full 24 hours and I definitely have no internet connection issues! I tried searching for this topic but it looks like most advice revolves around revoking permissions. Can anyone help me?

I have the same issue, can't login from android but it works on desktop using the same wifi

On 8/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, kiran150150 said:

after downloading evernote from play store, download a proxy vpn(free on play store), connect vpn, then try to login into the account. This worked out for me......

Yes indeed, it worked for me as well. Don't know what the underlying issue is though!

I am seeing the same behavior. I also did all the same steps listed above. Whatever is going on is definitely a bug. 

On 8/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, lisakerttu said:

I recently purchased a new phone and when trying to sign in on the Evernote app, I got the error message "You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet". I then remembered the device limit so I logged off the app on my old phone. Still got the message on the new phone. Tried logging BACK IN on the same phone (old phone) that has device permissions. Got the message again! I got onto the web version and checked under "devices" but it says "No devices are associated with this account. You are currently accessing Evernote via web only." So there are no devices to revoke, and it looks like I can now not log in via the app on either device and it has been a full 24 hours and I definitely have no internet connection issues! I tried searching for this topic but it looks like most advice revolves around revoking permissions. Can anyone help me?

Merged your post with the others on this topic...

I also have the same problem. I'm using a new android phone. But since the first time i tried to login to my Evernote account on the new phone (August 15 2020), it kept tell me that i can't login for a while because of the bad internet connection. i was using Wi-Fi and data cellular on that day. I even tried to use tethering, but it doesn't help at all. The second day, i tried to login again. The same thing happened. But, idk why i can login using my data cellular that time. Then to make sure, I clear the app data and tried to login again but the problem keeps happening. I change to Wi-Fi, not only one but 4 Wi-Fi, but i still can't login and it kept saying that i can't login bcs of the bad internet connection. And it keeps happen till today.

Notes : I'm pretty sure that I was on a good and strong internet connection. one of the wi-fi i use is even on 5G connection.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Evernote app really didn't help at all. I did it for many times.

I think I already tried to login to my account for a million times. But i can only login for maybe about 5 times from that million times. 

The problem didn't happen to my old phone and PC. I still can login on my old phone and PC without experiencing the internet problem.

Also, I already downgraded the Evernote app, but I also just a waste of time. Btw, I'm from Indonesia.

Oh, I also tried to login with VPN and it works.

I really hope that I didn't have to do this for a long time. I really hope that there's a solution for my problem. thank you

IMG_20200822_103724.jpg

IMG_20200822_103755.jpg

Purchased brand new Kindle Fir 10 yesterday and having the same problem. Any solutions.                    

15 hours ago, ehouston said:

Purchased brand new Kindle Fir 10 yesterday and having the same problem. Any solutions.                    

What version of Android is running on your Fire?

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950) running Android 9. Evernote worked before formatting my smartphone. Now I can't even log in with this error. Error happens both via Wifi and cellular network. Clarifying that all other applications on my smartphone work. I opened Ticket on Evernote support.

Screenshot_20200823-092220_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-001002_Evernote.jpg

On 8/23/2020 at 5:38 AM, hudsonaf@gmail.com said:

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950) running Android 9. Evernote worked before formatting my smartphone. Now I can't even log in with this error. Error happens both via Wifi and cellular network. Clarifying that all other applications on my smartphone work. I opened Ticket on Evernote support.

Screenshot_20200823-092220_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-001002_Evernote.jpg

Are you still unable to sign in at this time? If so can you DM me your IP address along with the email associated to your Evernote account? 

• Like 1

I have the same problem on my Samsung Tablet as of the last few days. Internet is stable and fast all other apps connect to the web.  Evernote works properly on my phone and Chromebook.      what's the deal evernote?? 

Same here. I downgraded from the (awful) beta version and can't login anymore. Just double checked the password and it is ok, on all my browsers I can login, but on the Android app I can't.

3 minutos atrás, taq disse:

Same here. I downgraded from the (awful) beta version and can't login anymore. Just double checked the password and it is ok, on all my browsers I can login, but on the Android app I can't.

Tried to restart the phone, no luck. If I was pissed of because I didn't have the widget on beta, now I have NOTHING about Evernote on my phone. Could you please fix it or give us an advice on how to proceed?

If I try on WiFi, I get the same error message.

On 4G, it works

WiFi is 350M broadband on virgin, with a solid 5ghz WiFi signal and speed test from my android maxes hits 100mbs.   So I have no issues connecting to the internet.

It seems like Evernote are not allowing access from devices on WiFi.

I also have the issue if I try and sign in on my Google account I get a Email is already registered, but on 4G, works fine on email/password or Google. Account.

I was about to purchase Evernote, not now.

Currently having this issue on a Amazon fire hd 10. Old HD 8 has no issue. Same network. Tried a different WiFi and tethering as well. 
I can even create a new account and it tells me account is created but I can’t use it. Please fix it. 

I have exactly the same issue just upgraded from Samsung S8 to Samsung S10, no internet issues here I've tried on both wifi and 4G. I'm in the UK

Has there been any fix for this?

Same problem here in Spain trying to access from A Galaxy S20

Tried restart, change password fro internet, tried from and out of the wi-fi but does not work.  Any solutions?

• Like 1

hace 5 horas, Carlos Fuentes dijo:

Same problem here in Spain trying to access from A Galaxy S20

Tried restart, change password fro internet, tried from and out of the wi-fi but does not work.  Any solutions?

If you have already downloaded Evernote from Google play, enter the application with your google account "BUT WITHOUT THE WIFI ACTIVATED", enter with the mobile data. Onece it lets you in to Evernote, you can turn on the WiFi again. It worked for me.

Edited by Ado

Here, at Brazil, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to log in at the evernote app in my samsung tabS6 without succes. When I try to connect at the web browser, it works, but at the app doesn't. I reinstalled the app, disconnected the evernote from my older tablet, but still no results.

This is also a problem in Greece. Can't login to Evernote on Android 10 device, tried delete/reinstall/downgrade and now opened a ticket. 

People at evernote this is a serious issue that's around since at least August and no definite solution or news from you?! Please act asap. 

Same issue here from Ghana. I have cleared cache and storage, un-installed, re-installed, rebooted, downgraded, used a VPN, used WiFi, used data connection... Only thing that works is using the V 10 beta and Evernote web..

I badly need a solution.

@niikassim Have you tried to use the VPN and move your geolocation to another country, like somewhere in North America or Europe ? We had a thread here a while ago where IPs from Vietnam got blocked, probably a security issue.

When connected issue a support ticket.

@PinkElephant Finally got it to work. Sorry I didn't post back here. I downloaded an older version from Apkmirror, version 8.0 I think, installed a VPN with the location set to the US and stopped the username and password from being filled in automatically at the log in page.

The finally updated to the latest version from the play store.

A bit long winded but at least it works.

• Like 1

"stopped the username and password from being filled in automatically at the log in page."

Typing username and password instead of autofilling it with my 1password app did the trick for me.  No login issues any more. There is maybe a small bug somewhere in Android about that.