Bulk add articles from links

As the title says, I have a whole bunch of links that I want to be converted to articles. it would be a real pain to visit each link and use the Webclipper to clip the articles one-by-one. Though I enjoy using the Webclipper browser addon since I can use KB shortcuts to easily clip the said articles, visiting each link when I have over 200 links is a huge time sink.

Is there a way to add articles in bulk by just using links and not visiting them? Or say invoke the clipper from a note containing just the intended link? Or some other power user way to achieve what I want?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, MediumRare said:

Or say invoke the clipper from a note containing just the intended link?

You can add the link to a note in EN,  It won't invoke the clipper but it will open the note in a browser when clicked.  If you want to create a note (article) of the contents of the page for the link you will have to run clipper on the web page.  No automation of which I am aware within EN.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer - nope.  Best I can suggest is - save your list of links in one note as a table with some keywords beside each link so that when you search "quantum physics" (or whatever) the note comes up as one of your hits.  Then if you want to see the content that goes with that link,  you can click and go to the original web page.  You could then clip the page if you want that information more easily available.

Thanks for all the answers guys! I wish EN had more automation features for power users'. It is 2020 and we've advanced so much in the software that we use and the way that we use them. It is sad to see one of the most popular (and probably the best) note taking apps is not leading the way in enabling power users' to use it in a more versatile way.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, MediumRare said:

I wish EN had more automation features for power users

Evernote is fairly well served by a host of external automators from IFTT to Zapier that will link it to other apps,  and by Filterize which offers extensive manipulation of notes subject to rules you specify. 

Sadly none of them will (AFAIK) help you - this is not a use case anyone has thought of yet.  There are a number of 'create an app without code' websites including this one that's fuelled by a Google Sheets document - https://www.glideapps.com

It might be feasible to extract the URLs of your notes and then use the note to jump to the referenced web page,  and maybe even clip the full content of each page to a new note;  but I think you'd spend a lot of time developing the process,  and dealing with failed clips.  It would probably just be more effective to clip individual pages if and when you need them...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MediumRare said:

Thanks for all the answers guys! I wish EN had more automation features for power users'. It is 2020 and we've advanced so much in the software that we use and the way that we use them. It is sad to see one of the most popular (and probably the best) note taking apps is not leading the way in enabling power users' to use it in a more versatile way.

I assume you want to clip the notes so as to be able to search their contents or keep it for posterity should the link be altered?